AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hitachi 42HDS52 connected to a Scientific Atlanta DVR cable box via HDMI cable. No audio comes across, the cable box is set to send audio out via HDMI. this same set up works on my Panasonic 50 plasma. Does anyone know of a issue with the Hitachi 42HDS52 and HDMI audio?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
You have to go in to the setup of the DVR and specify that you are using HDMI. It's the button marked settings on the left side by the circular part of the remote. Press it twice to get to the 2nd settings menu.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is set to HDMI. My thought is the TV has an issue. This exact same HDMI cable and DVR box works on my other tv.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Must be....I did the same setup about 2 weeks ago and I had to make that change. After that...good stuff. Sorry I couldn't help.

·
Banned
37 Posts
lmao, i think hitachi is full of crap

I have a hdmi cable going from my box to the tv and i also get no sound.... but i could care less as i have a home theat system

tv broke? no.. i highly doubt that

·
Banned
37 Posts
no its a different tv, lcd... but my point is... if i dont get sound either, and i have some friends with the same issue, its NOT your set..... its a setting we are overlooking somewhere

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I cant figure this out. I tried both HDMI slots. I went to Circuit City and tried my HDMI cable on the same TV on display with a DVD player and got sound. They couldnt test my cable box - they have Direct TV.

I had another tv on this same exact set up on Saturday and I had digital audio through this cable box and HDMI cable.

My set top box is set to output to HDMI. I tried all of the other settings.

The tv has AUDIO SOURCE - but the choices are Stereo, SAP, and mono. I have tried all three

I dont have a home theater - I hate a loud television.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The problem was the cable box.

The DVR Scientific Atlanta cable box does not transmit audio through HDMI to a Hitachi 42HDS52 plasma. (Or The Hitachi 42HDS52 HDMI wont pick up the signal from a DVR Scientific Atlanta cable box).

I tried a DVD player that had HDMI and audio was transmitted.

I tried a SECOND cable box with no success. The box is set to output via HDMI.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugdog1
The problem was the cable box.

The DVR Scientific Atlanta cable box does not transmit audio through HDMI to a Hitachi 42HDS52 plasma. (Or The Hitachi 42HDS52 HDMI wont pick up the signal from a DVR Scientific Atlanta cable box).

I tried a DVD player that had HDMI and audio was transmitted.

I tried a SECOND cable box with no success. The box is set to output via HDMI.
That is very interesting because I have the same box and HDMI works fine for me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The HDMI cable and DVR cable box worked fine with the Sony 50" A10 LCD, but not with the Hitachi 42HDS52 Plasma.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.