AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to capture @640x480 with audio using I/O Magic and AP2496. After I did a fresh install on a P4B266 with on-board audio (c-media) and win98se, I can only capture @320x240, any resolution higher the capture screen will freeze. I can hear the audio while recording from s-video and composite, but on playeback, no audio.

In PowerVCR, the audio recording is set to line-in and i have tried SW sync and WAV file type with no luck. I have reinstall PowerVCR, c-media audio, Btwin capture drivers several time with no improvement.

So what cause the drop in capture resolution? Do I need a separate audio card to fix the no audio problem?

-JL

·
Registered
127 Posts
jl_moped:

Two questions:

How have you managed to capture audio with the IO magic card and the AP2496? I have the same hardware, and I can't figure out how to get the capture card to recognize the audio. I am using the S-video port on the capture card. I've been looking for someone with the same hardware to spell things out for me. I'm running Windows ME, so I hope what works for you ends up working for me.

Also, how are you connecting everything on your new machine? I have a second machine with the C-media onboard sound, so I can see if I can recreate your problem.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fish,

I was able to capture @640x480 with audio using tusl-2c (Cel OC 1.3g), SIIG sound card, I/O Magic, PowerVCR, Win98se. And @320x240 (don't remember, mayby higher) with audio using P4B266 (P4 OC 2.1G), AP2496, I/O Magic, PowerVCR, Win XP.

I have recently swapped MB and CPU on those machine and could not get the new set up to work: P4B266, C-Media on-board audio, I/O Magic, PowerVCR, Win98se. I can only capture @320x240, I can hear the audio while recording, but missing during playback. Tonight I will put the SIIG sound card in to see if that will work.

I haven't try capturing with the TUSL-2C with AP2496 after the new install, if I have time tonight, I will try that as well.

-JL

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I've putted the SIIG sound card in and it crashed win98. I am glad that I have Ghost2002, it is well worth the $15 I have paid of the oem copy. I have also reinstall DirectX8.1 just in case, but it did not help. In fact I get no sound even playing a CD using winamp or the plain window cd player, but the Asus system check voice and the window startup music work fine. So that is the problem?

I did tried capturing using the AP2496 and PowerVCR on my other system, but PowerVCR crashed with the illegal operation error. The strange thing is that it all work before on both machines. Are there any new driver that I am missing, BT WDM, DirectX, C-Media, Intel chipset, bios?

-JL

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, here is an update.

I have found the "multimedia" icon in the control panel. Everything appeared to be correct, but still no audio on playback. I finally took the AP2496 out of the other machine and installed it here, changed the settings in multimedia and set up the M-Audio mixer. Now magically the sound is back in capture and playback. But I still can only play audio CD using PowerDVD, window cd player still has no audio.

-JL

·
Registered
320 Posts
JL, I see that you changed a motherboard. That is different story you probably will have to do same think I went true when I changed to new MB from Soyo with C-Media chip on it. According to tech support only way to get sound was to format C-drive and clean install of windows.

This forum helped me doing different way simulation of clean install.

You have to delete your info files in info folder in windows directory first. Then delete enum key in registries and reinstall windows after that.

Here is link http://www.highvid.com/software_t/enum/enum_1.shtml

Copy your windows CD in to a folder first it will be much easier to install.

after that my C-Media sound started to work and I didn't lost anything from my C-drive.

Best regards Artur.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Just a wild thought but, doesn't the CD need a 2 wire cable running to the sound card? Either it is missing, or it might be damaged (check with at multimeter). I only know of DVD using the IDE buss for audio.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jkaiser, are you calling my stupid! Well, well, you are right. :p Stupidity is a privilege one can only acquire with age. The older I get, the dumper I fell.

I've read a post some time ago saying the cd audio cable is not need for cd playback. I could play dvd without the cable and thought this would also apply to cd, but I must be wrong here :eek:

Artur, I will retry every setup tonight, if nothing works, I will take your suggestion and start over again. I thought I did reformat the c drive last time, but cleaning out the enum sound like it is not a big deal, so I will try it out if needed.

I do know that plugging in the AP2496 from my htpc into this pc did work the way I wanted it to. Now I have in my hand an unopened Delta 410 in the box, but I have a difficult time justifying putting it in as it will be an overkill for my needs. This pc is mainly for video editing, so SQ is not that important. Using a $200 sound card when I can use the onboard sound card for $0 is tough to justify. Can someone convinve me, please :p

-JL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.