AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I hooked up my GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2HP to my Sony Xbr HDTV using an HDMI 1.3 cable and the video is fine, but I can't seem to get any audio. This thread suggested that I download the ATI catalyst driver and the Realtek ATI HDMI Audio Device driver, which I did but I still can't get any sound. When I hover over the litte speaker icon on the taskbar it says "no audio device" with a red x. Can someone help me? Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This may not solve his problem. There is another issue that Windows is sometimes having problem to detect audio playable device connected to HDMI. My Onkyo TX-SR805 is from time to time not detected this way, it then shows "No Signal" and in Windows there is above mentioned "No Audio Device". I have to switch power off and on on the Onkyo and then it usually detects right. Maybe with his TV it is even worse.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusan /forum/post/15509005

This may not solve his problem. There is another issue that Windows is sometimes having problem to detect audio playable device connected to HDMI. My Onkyo TX-SR805 is from time to time not detected this way, it then shows "No Signal" and in Windows there is above mentioned "No Audio Device". I have to switch power off and on on the Onkyo and then it usually detects right. Maybe with his TV it is even worse.

True. But is sounds like it fixed his problem.

Too bad about the problems you have with the 805. I have a 605 and a 606 at home on a couple of Vista HTPCs and have never had a problem with them being detected. I make sure to plug into HDMI1, since I heard somewhere that certain problems (DD signal being recognized?) could be alleviated by doing that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts