AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the HTCT770 with my Vizio P-Series 55" Here are my connection: HDMI 5 from TV to the HDMI ARC input on the soundbar; Cable Box HDMI 1 input on soundbar and PS4 HDMI 2 input on soundbar. With that being said, everything works great if I am watching cable TV or playing PS4.

However, I just attempted to use my Vizio's built in apps to watch Amazon Video or plug in a USB to watch movies and it does not have audio (video is fine). After reading a little about this issue I am thinking it might be due to Vizio not supporting ARC on the TV?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Michael

·
Super Moderator
16,748 Posts
What's the model number of your TV?

·
Super Moderator
16,748 Posts
I find it odd that that Vizio wouldn't have ARC. Usually it would be on input 1. Anyways, you can always run an optical cable out from the tv to the soundbar. You might want to look in the Vizio thread.

S~

·
Super Moderator
16,748 Posts
After looking at the owner's manual, your Vizio does have ARC on HDMI1. So you shouldn't have any problems. SO change from HDMI 5 to 1.

S~

·
Super Moderator
16,748 Posts
Let us know. I just happened to buy the 770 for my Dad for Christmas. His tv, actually one of my old ones, doesn't have ARC, so I never set it up. He just runs everything into the soundbar and out to the TV. He loves it. He figured out how to set up BT on his own and now streams his I-pod. Not bad for 77 ;)

S~

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes sir I sure would say so! Again thanks so much for the help. That did the trick.

I wish the ARC was on HDMI 5 because as I understand that is the port with the better lag speeds for my PS4. Strangely enough too before I switched from 5 to 1 I added an optical digital connection from my TV to the soundbar and still no sound.

Maybe I should just use a receiver I have- I have a rather new Yamaha RX-V373. I guess I was using the soundbar inputs instead of the receiver which might be better.

Thanks again,

Michael

1 - 8 of 8 Posts