AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock speakers were falling apart so I decided I would replace them and the head unit. It's a Pontiac sunfire. So I got new 4x6's (JVC) for the front doors and 6x9's (kicker) for the back dash. I got a kenwood receiver (can't remember the exact model, but I can post it later if needed) that has ~25w rms. The stock system sounded decent before the speakers went out, and I don't have high expectations, but after replacing the speakers I have no bass. I mean NONE. mids and treble sound fine, and if I crank it way up and pretend a bit I can hear some low notes. my first thought was that I had the polarity backwards. . . on all the speakers. . .because I was an idiot, but I double checked them and it is correct. Any ideas where to look next? Like I said I'm not expecting a lot, but it has less bass than my phone does. Thanks in advance for your opinions/suggestions.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
headunit high pass filter may be on

one of the 6X9's may be out of polarity with it's mate (wire one of the 6X9's revers polarity and see if that helps. Just because it checks out at the back or at the headunit doesn't mean something doesn't get swapped somewhere)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts