· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
1,902 Posts
I had no bathroom rough-ins in my basement and the sewer line was actually above the the floor. I opted for the Saniflo Saniplus macerator/ejector system.

The macerator sits behind the toilet (in my case behind the wall with an extension pipe). The bathroom sink and the wet bar both drain into the SaniPlus. It can also support a shower should we choose to add one. The unit grinds everything up and shoots it up a 3/4" pipe to about ceiling height and then gravity feeds down to the sewer line.

The SaniPlus + Toilet ran about $1k retail from my plumber though I've seen them slightly cheaper online.

http://www.saniflo.com/SANIPLUS.aspx

· Registered
136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamis /forum/post/15412071

The macerator sits behind the toilet (in my case behind the wall with an extension pipe). The bathroom sink and the wet bar both drain into the SaniPlus. It can also support a shower should we choose to add one. The unit grinds everything up and shoots it up a 3/4" pipe to about ceiling height and then gravity feeds down to the sewer line.

LOL - "grinds everything up" - perfect imagery after breakfast!

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jamis,

I considered a system like yours, but I am going to see if I can get away with a wall mounted unit with back-flush since my toilet back is towards the main sewer line only a few feet away.

BIGmouthinDC,

Thanks for taking a look. I think I will give ti a shot. Also, talk about modern and space saving! I like it a lot lol

· RETIRED theater builder
37,186 Posts
before pulling the trigger you may want to check with an experienced plumber. Or at least walk into a plumbing supply place armed with your documentation and get their opinion.

Also a call to your county's building department might yield some feedback.

· Registered
1,902 Posts
And also make sure the sink drain will be OK as well.

· Registered
36 Posts
With most grinder/ejector systems you will need to run a vent pipe through the roof of your house. You can not tie into any other vents either, so you will need to run a separate vent. I've been looking into doing this for a bit now in my basement. If your house is already finished, like mine, and you have no options to run a vent through the roof, you can look at the Saniflow Sanistar and Sanicompact. Neither one requires a vent since they are self contained. The Sanistar is wall mounted, which is what you are looking for, but you can not add a sink to it. The sanicompact is floor standing, but a sink can be added, which is nice. Just go to the Saniflow site to see them. I tried to post links, but unbelievably I don't have 3 posts yet!

-Matt

· Registered
1,902 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeros /forum/post/15422268

With most grinder/ejector systems you will need to run a vent pipe through the roof of your house. You can not tie into any other vents either, so you will need to run a separate vent. I've been looking into doing this for a bit now in my basement. If your house is already finished, like mine, and you have no options to run a vent through the roof, you can look at the Saniflow Sanistar and Sanicompact. Neither one requires a vent since they are self contained. The Sanistar is wall mounted, which is what you are looking for, but you can not add a sink to it. The sanicompact is floor standing, but a sink can be added, which is nice. Just go to the Saniflow site to see them. I tried to post links, but unbelievably I don't have 3 posts yet!

-Matt

Not sure how it was run, but my unfinished basement had a 'future vent' that I tied my SaniPlus into. Not sure if/how it was routed in regard to the existing vents in use through the rest of the house.

· Registered
17 Posts
Jamis, did you vent your system? I want to get a SANIVITE but the venting might be a problem.. The SANIVITE is not a macerator so I might be able to let it self vent. They say that you can let it self vent and it will be fine, what do you think..

Thanks,

JR.

· Registered
1,902 Posts
Mine tied into the 'future vent' that my builder had in the basement for just such a purpose (a bathroom).

From what I could find, most/all areas by code would require it to be vented. It looks like the sanivite can be self vented by removing a cover so water seals are maintained, but even then, you should vent all of your fixtures (sinks, tubs, washers, etc) separately (by code).

Note that the sanivite does not support a toilet.

More details on venting the sanivite here:

http://www.needplumbingsupplies.com/...Spec_Sheet.pdf

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.