Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem

I'm getting the following message...
No channel guide information is available.

Please select 'Setup' from the main menu and select 'Change Dialing & Input Settings' to initiate the configuration process.

Changing the input setting has no effect. I've selected every cable operator choice listed. The box spends 15-20 minutes downloading the guide but it never shows up in the Channel Guide.

The details

I noticed the following problem the night after my 2004 got upgraded to 3.0 of the OS. I read the messages saying that new phone numbers were available so I changed my phone number. As a result all of my CATV input disappeared from the channel guide. This wasn't a problem since I was using DirecTV for all of my recordings.

This all changed tonight because I received my new 60 hour unit. I hooked it up to the satellite receiver and moved the 2004 unit to be cable only. I changed the inputs to remove the satellite and make the 2004 be cable only and I got the message above. The guide for my locality seems to be ok because the 60 hour unit received it just fine.

The questions

- Anybody else experienced this problem?

- Is there a way to restore my box to appear like a new unit? I'm hoping that might solve the problem since the 60 hour box doesn't have this problem.

-- Craig

· Registered
99 Posts
Hi Craig,

There is a Clear Channel Guide option available on the diagnostic screen accessible by pressing 243 and then ReplayZones. If this doesn't fix the problem, you can try the Restore Factory Defaults option on the retailer demo mode screen accessible by pressing 777 ReplayZones.

Ben.

· Registered
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Colvin:
The problem

I'm getting the following message...
No channel guide information is available.

Please select 'Setup' from the main menu and select 'Change Dialing & Input Settings' to initiate the configuration process.
We had a power outage yesterday afternoon, and I got the same error message after the Replay rebooted. Not only wasn't there any channel guide information, but it wasn't getting any video signal. Running Setup didn't do any good because it skipped the net connect (3.0?), but everything went back to normal after I forced a net connect for the channel guide info and then rebooted. Not really sure what happened there.

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by SeanMedlock:
We had a power outage yesterday afternoon, and I got the same error message after the Replay rebooted. Not only wasn't there any channel guide information, but it wasn't getting any video signal. Running Setup didn't do any good because it skipped the net connect (3.0?), but everything went back to normal after I forced a net connect for the channel guide info and then rebooted. Not really sure what happened there.

I had a message from the Replay box that a power outage had occured. I did try a net connect and rebooted (hard reset by pulling the power plug, I never tried the soft reboot). No effect.

I also checked the 243 screen but didn't see a clear channel guide function. I will the reboot a couple more times and then try the 777 Zones to see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the ideas.

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just went back and rechecked the 243 Zones and option 6 was Clear Channel Guide. Don't know how I missed that last night (I must of have looked at that screen a dozen times). Did that change in version 3.0? I did have a lot of problems connecting with the 60 hour unit and went to the 243 screen several times. May be that's what I'm remembering.

Unfortunately clearing the channel guide didn't work, so I restored the factory defaults and am downloading the channel info now. Hopefully this will work.

-- Craig

[This message has been edited by Craig Colvin (edited 11-01-2000).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.