AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HDMI cable to my TV for display purposes.

Audio being outputted via Optical to my Sony Receiver.

I get no Dolby Digital or DTS when using Blue Ray playback. DD seems to work fine with PS3 games.

Linear PCM is selected at the moment for output - will try Bitstream and see if that helps....but does anyone have any definitive information on why this is so difficult to get working ?

thanks

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Switch to bitstream. I don't believe toslink has the bandwidth to support 5.1 pcm,

you can only do multi-channel pcm via hdmi.

·
Registered
873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hierax /forum/post/0

HDMI cable to my TV for display purposes.

Audio being outputted via Optical to my Sony Receiver.

I get no Dolby Digital or DTS when using Blue Ray playback. DD seems to work fine with PS3 games.

Linear PCM is selected at the moment for output - will try Bitstream and see if that helps....but does anyone have any definitive information on why this is so difficult to get working ?

thanks

You said you were going to try Bitstream...this should have solved your problem as this is the correct setting.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think it also has to do with your Receiver. My HK receiver wouldn't do DD or DTS unless the output from the optical was in bitstream.

The setting for bitstream or LPCM is in the BD/DVD Settings for the poster above me.

·
Registered
810 Posts
over optical connection, you can only do bitstream - it is compressed audio and thats what optical does.

if you had HDMI audio connection, you could do LPCM...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.