Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi DirectShow gurus!

Short version of problem: WinDVD cannot output dd via spdif, PowerDVD can, which eliminates any issues with sound card, driver, or external connections and decoder.

I built 2 graphs in graphedit to investigate the problem, when I run the windvd graph, I get an error as shown in the attached png, saying the audio device is not responding or not available. Running the PowerDVD graph works just fine and lights up the magic red DD light on my decoder.

My assumptions from this is that iviaudio.ax is broken, or not talking to the default wave device properly or not initializing it correctly. But why would that be?

This same operation is reflected exactly when testing with zoomplayer and the applications themsleves, ie PowerDVD works fine, WinDVD doesnt.

SO any DS gurus out there have a clue what may be wrong, or where to look next? Any further tests I can try to narrow it down further?

Thx for reading this.

Jon

WinXP, 8738 sound

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Try using "DVD Navigator" instead of the Intervideo DVD navigator. Works for me here using the same audio/video filters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.