AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even doing some forum searches and there just isn't much discussion?

Does nobody have one?

New*** had a great price on them last weekend... And they seem to have some good specs.

The larger thread about the 1000/2000/3000 has me optimistic.

But, nobody else is giving them a try? Everyone is getting the Pioneer 1120?

·
Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CougarCruiser /forum/post/19503151

No discussions on the Yamaha A700 or A800? How come?

The RX-A700 and RX-A800 are [at least nominally] custom installer variants of (respectively) the RX-V667 (worldwide) and the RX-V767 (non US) models . . . differing primarily by the inclusion of an RS-232 port and a fifth foot, and with a 3 year warranty. IIRC, the significance of other advertised differences remains unverified. Comments about common features of the RX-V667, RX-V767, RX-V867, RX-A700, and RX-V800 should probably apply equally to all five models.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Who's selling it with a free iPod? I might want one too

There's very little interest since the A-700 is nearly identical to the 667, and it's probably a personal decision whether the small updates along with the longer warranty makes it worthwhile.

The A-800 is somewhat pointless since it appears to add very little to the A-700/667, while the 867 adds networking features.

The A-1000/2000 appear to be heavier built and in a larger casing than the other models, and have generated more interest. Also, at this time I dont' believe there are equivalents in the RX-V lineup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes man please give details about who is giving an Ipod the A700. I am looking at a few models that is something that will put this one over the edge.

·
Registered
174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme /forum/post/0

Yes man please give details about who is giving an Ipod the A700. I am looking at a few models that is something that will put this one over the edge.

Check out newegg.com

·
Registered
3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcmlutz /forum/post/19623145

Check out newegg.com

Thanks now things are getting interesting why would Newegg only have a 2yr warranty on the this model? At this price it puts it right in the ballpark of the Pioneer 1020 or Onkyo 608 well once you account for the Ipod. Too many options yikes

·
Registered
13 Posts
Newegg about 4 weeks ago had a deal where they give you a $200 giftcard instead of the ipod deal. Within 4 days i got the gift card and swooped up some nice stands, wall mounts and bannaplugs for the 7.1. No way I could of passed that deal up.

I love the receiver (A-700). I feel that it sounds and preforms better then the okyno 605 I also own. (which is garbage IMO.
)

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by intence /forum/post/19622283

Who's selling it with a free iPod? I might want one too

There's very little interest since the A-700 is nearly identical to the 667, and it's probably a personal decision whether the small updates along with the longer warranty makes it worthwhile.

The A-800 is somewhat pointless since it appears to add very little to the A-700/667, while the 867 adds networking features.

The A-1000/2000 appear to be heavier built and in a larger casing than the other models, and have generated more interest. Also, at this time I dont' believe there are equivalents in the RX-V lineup.

Here's what did it for me:

- brand loyalty seems to be high

- newer model than 667

- 3-yr warranty vs. 2-yr on 667

- yamaha pushes the aventage line as "higher quality"

- 667 had good reviews - i'm assuming / hoping the a700 will be at least as good

- 667 deal was cheaper, but i did not like the included speaker package, and it lacked a sub

- ipod

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have now had my A700 hooked up for a week. Watching a couple movies and sports with my new 106'' setup.

I have to say I am very pleased with the A700. The 'Egg has some great deals on it -- free iPod or gift card depending on when you catch them. It's well worth it.

I have been planning on adding an Emotiva XPA-3, so I didn't need the extra power in the 800 and above.

I think the automatic speaker setup worked well and got me 80% there. I've tweaked it a bit more. I love the simple setup and OSD isn't bad at all for my needs.

Everything I connect is via HDMI these days - everything worked right out of the box.

I have a Pioneer 1018 as well -- which I really like, but is definitely more 'complex'.

Compared to the 1020 or 1120, I think the A700 holds it's ground very well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've had my A700 for 3 months now. Still trying to learn everything it can do. These things have come a long way since my Kenwood KR-V7050 from 15 years ago. Just replaced my center and rears and added a sub with Polk Audios. Nice to be back in the game!!! Now to get replace my Bose AM 5's. Polk RTi-A5 next up...

Pat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts