AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!

My HD-A30 was at firmware 1.3/1.1 and worked semi-ok. After I tried playing a couple of SD disks that suffered from cascading pixelation and malfunctions, I upgraded the firmware to version 2.0 (I didn't notice that 3.0 had come out when I upgraded). After the upgrade to 2.0, which was successful according to the version screen, I was no longer able to read any Standard Definition disks again. HD-DVD disks worked fine, but nothing SD at all.

I did some reading and found that firmware version 3.0 was out, so I upgraded to it (I had to use the ethernet to do it since it would no longer read CD-Rs either). The upgrade to version 3.0 was successful as well, but it still can't read SD disks.

The symptoms are that "loading" stays on the display for around 30-40 seconds or so, then "No Disc" appears on both the display and the screen. While "loading" is on the display, unusual noises emit from the drive - not loud, but you hear alot of clicks and clunks.

HD-DVD disks still work perfectly fine. Does anyone have any advice about how to get SD support back? I would try downgrading to 1.3 again, but I think (but haven't thoroughly tested yet) that I may be unable to read CD-Rs still, and as such will be out of luck.

Any way to reset it to back to scratch?

Also, I've seen alot of posts that say that they have firmware 3.0/T23T. The latter part is the "engine" firmware, right? I vaguely remember updating it when I first got the player to 1.1. Anyone know if T23T is available anywhere? If it's available, could it help in this case?

-Keith

·
Registered
776 Posts
I realy dont think its a firmware problem because I have version 3.0 on my A3 and it plays SD DVD fine. You might want to sent it in for a repair.

·
Registered
199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba9999 /forum/post/14288888

Hi folks!

My HD-A30 was at firmware 1.3/1.1 and worked semi-ok. After I tried playing a couple of SD disks that suffered from cascading pixelation and malfunctions, I upgraded the firmware to version 2.0 (I didn't notice that 3.0 had come out when I upgraded). After the upgrade to 2.0, which was successful according to the version screen, I was no longer able to read any Standard Definition disks again. HD-DVD disks worked fine, but nothing SD at all.

I did some reading and found that firmware version 3.0 was out, so I upgraded to it (I had to use the ethernet to do it since it would no longer read CD-Rs either). The upgrade to version 3.0 was successful as well, but it still can't read SD disks.

The symptoms are that "loading" stays on the display for around 30-40 seconds or so, then "No Disc" appears on both the display and the screen. While "loading" is on the display, unusual noises emit from the drive - not loud, but you hear alot of clicks and clunks.

HD-DVD disks still work perfectly fine. Does anyone have any advice about how to get SD support back? I would try downgrading to 1.3 again, but I think (but haven't thoroughly tested yet) that I may be unable to read CD-Rs still, and as such will be out of luck.

Any way to reset it to back to scratch?

Also, I've seen alot of posts that say that they have firmware 3.0/T23T. The latter part is the "engine" firmware, right? I vaguely remember updating it when I first got the player to 1.1. Anyone know if T23T is available anywhere? If it's available, could it help in this case?

-Keith

I had the same problem when I updated my A-1, I just kept hitting the play button 3 or 4 times then the disk could be read and no problems after that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts