·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys......Well, got my divas in....awesome!..ok so now ive bought a lot of

dvd-a's.....work fine.....dvd dts video concerts...work fine....but the dvd

dts audios are giving me fits...no audio....I have the delta 2496 windvd2.3

dvd genie 4.10......the windvd player osd pops up...dts light comes on

the rec......but no audio...even tried siren...the skin shows audio being palyed...nothing.........ive been in the patchrouter..the spdif shows to be working...what am I missing?.........Thanks Washguy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Guys.........Well, I down loaded new drivers..setup the 2496 just like Wayne had said in previous posts....still no audio...and the dts light doesnt

come on as i had previously said.....so ...why doesnt windvd gimme any sound for my divas...?

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by washguy
Hi Guys.........Well, I down loaded new drivers..setup the 2496 just like Wayne had said in previous posts....still no audio...and the dts light doesnt

come on as i had previously said.....so ...why doesnt windvd gimme any sound for my divas...?
Did you set the audio out device to S/PDIF output in Device Manager?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Cliff........couldnt find anything about spdif out in device manger,

in multi media its set to 1/2 wav......all dvds audio and video work,but when I put a 5.1 dts in the windvd cdplayer pops up..shows the track playing,but no audio.......help...lol also when i went to properties in the windvd player it said the dts dvd was playing in mpeg1.....Washguy

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by washguy
Hey Cliff........couldnt find anything about spdif out in device manger,

in multi media its set to 1/2 wav......all dvds audio and video work,but when I put a 5.1 dts in the windvd cdplayer pops up..shows the track playing,but no audio.......help...lol washguy
Oops, Sounds and Multimedia would be the best place to look for the proper settings. ;)

In S & M panel - Audio tab make sure that you have "Delta AP2496 S/PDIF" selected as the default device for sound playback.

The setting 1/2 Wave Out will allow only stereo output and will not pass AC-3/DTS over S/PDIF.

Follow the instructions here and you should not have any problems with AC-3 pass-thru.

http://www.digitalconnection.com/Support/cn_maudio3.asp

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Cliff........Checked everything it was spdif in multimedia....seeems like the problem comes into play only with these dvds that have no video.

all dvds and even the dvd-a 's work..they achieve passthru....when i use the dts only dvds...thats when it fails to give audio....checked the website

read all the posts,but come up with nothing......LOL.............Washguy

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
washguy,

It's hard to follow your posts. Are you saying that you can't play DTS CD audio?

If so what Delta drivers and operating system are you using?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Cliff......Im using windoz98...the 2496 with the latest drivers from delta

website.....I guess these are cd's...they all say dts digital surround or

dts high definition surround......sorry if I wasnt clear...these are the ones that wont give me audio....the dvds and the audio dvds are fine...

.........Thanks Washguy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Cliff.......Well, after messing with it all day...got windvd to show spdif and play one song on the dts cd.....then it quit.......I rember reading about this prblem somewhere...but cant find the post......help..lol...Washguy

........rebooted the pc...and GOT IT......finally my divas are sounding sweet!

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Washguy:

Try ripping your DTS CDs to the HD & playing them back thru Winamp.

BTW, interesting use of punctuation you have. You're not really Christopher Walken, are you? ;) :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Karnis..........its my own style of course......LOL....ill give ripping a try,but so far so good...windvd is doing the deed on the dts cds.....the Divas are singing....cant wait till Weds....my 49tx will be here......ill be rockin!

Washguy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.