Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have recently purchased PTL300U projector from VisualApex (I have already emailed them with my query). I am unable to get the projector to display picture (nothing at all) from a computer through DVI connection. I am using DVI-D cable connected to the Radeon 8500 and the same connection works without any problems with my LCD monitor. Is there anything that I should try before sending the projector for repair/replacement?

Thanks

Thanks for all suggestions, all is well now and the DVI is working as well as it can be expected. At this stage I had no luck with its supposedly native resolution of 960 x 540 but at least the recommended ones (albeit modified) are accepted. What confused me is the fact that (at least with my video card) the projector doesn’t display any booting messages and will only show picture after the windows has been fully loaded and only if the selected display mode is one of the few acceptable to the projector.

Now to get that elusive 1:1 pixel mapping...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Check the book that comes with that projector, i've yet to try it with mine, however it does have a list of resolutions and timings that are susposed to work. You may need to use powerstrip.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try one of the “valid†resolutions but I expected to be able to see at least bios messages from PC on booting….

·
Registered
39 Posts
You don't see the bootup stuff? hmm, thats really strange, even on the Sony HDTV I had, I could see the bootup without any issues.

There may be something wrong with the unit in that case, i'd try giving panasonic a call tomorow also.

Once I get my cables in the mail i'll try it out, hopefully someone who has a L300u can help you further in the meantime, or Panasonic or Visual Apex can help you also :)

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
My X1 picks up windows XP boot as 480P which the 300 should do no problems? even through DVI? hmmmm. I did read on here that some DVI displays on accept 1:1 resolutions?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by chrono
You don't see the bootup stuff? hmm, thats really strange, even on the Sony HDTV I had, I could see the bootup without any issues...
That is my point. I have no experience with projectors but I have reasonably extensive experience with PCs and I don't recall any other display (functioning that is) device refusing to display bootup messages, no matter how mismanaged are the resolutions and timings. It is a shame because it appears that the projector is otherwise pretty good.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Do you have the pc resolution set at 960 x 540? If the Projector won`t except it, install powerstrip, go to the HTPC section of this forum and do a search for powerstrip timings for dvi.

Once you install Powerstrip, it may already have the dvi res listed in the custom res section, just click on it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
ATI DVI -> ptl300u tends to be a bit finicky, and the resolutions listed in the manual for that input aren't correct. You should be able to get the boot up screen @640x480, but the ATI drivers won't accept resolutions inconsistant with the EDID info reported by the projector. Try 856x481, or 1072x603 at the standard timings.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by scotthal
ATI DVI -> ptl300u tends to be a bit finicky, and the resolutions listed in the manual for that input aren't correct. You should be able to get the boot up screen @640x480, but the ATI drivers won't accept resolutions inconsistant with the EDID info reported by the projector. Try 856x481, or 1072x603 at the standard timings.
Thanks scotthal, all is well now and the DVI is working as well as it can be expected. At this stage I had no luck with its supposedly native resolution of 960 x 540 but at least 1072x603 is accepted. What confused me is the fact that (at least with my video card) the projector doesn’t display any booting messages and will only show picture after the windows has been fully loaded and only if the selected display mode is one of the few acceptable to the projector.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.