AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Monroe, New Jersey.08831 Thats between New York City and Philadelphia. With my new DTV converter I can't get Fox TV Channel 29 in Philadelphia OR FOX TVChannel 5 in NYC??? Can I enhance my signal. My DTV is connected to an old fashioned roof antenna, thats pretty huge. In the ancient analogue days I got both!

· Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,779 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotinthedark /forum/post/16847074

I live in Monroe, New Jersey.08831 Thats between New York City and Philadelphia. With my new DTV converter I can't get Fox TV Channel 29 in Philadelphia OR FOX TVChannel 5 in NYC??? Can I enhance my signal. My DTV is connected to an old fashioned roof antenna, thats pretty huge. In the ancient analogue days I got both!

Most 'old fashioned roof antennas' are directional, so with analog, you may have been able to receive both TV markets. With digital, probably not unless the antenna can be rotated.

Can you provide more info on the antenna? Does it resemble this:

· Registered
3,738 Posts
Monroe is on the Delaware River. If you're down in the valley at river level, you shouldn't be able to get much of anything at all, according to TVFool. If you're up in the hills you might be able to get something. When you use TVFool, use the Maps option, and adjust your location if necessary by dragging the marker on the map. In hilly terrain, small differences in location can make big differences in reception.

[added] Oh wait a minute... that map shows Monroe on the west bank of the Delaware. That's in Pennsylvania!
I'd better add the ZIP code... aha, now I'm near I-95 between Cranbury and Englishtown. You'd still better zoom in on your address, but it looks like you should be able to pick up Fox 29.1 with a halfway-decent outdoor antenna. It's weaker than the other networks but definitely not out of reach. Maybe you just need to replace your antenna cable and/or re-do the connections. Or the antenna itself may not be working as well as it should, if it's really old. Connections can become corroded, or elements that should be separated might have come into contact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.