AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might not be a big issue to most people, but I am quite mad that Disney is not giving free passes to Pirates 3 with the BR editions. Best Buy has a tickets that are free with the purchase of specific movies, but the cover the tickets come in clearly state the BR editions are not eligible for them. WTF? Why is Disney cheating the fans who are early adopters out of free tickets? The tickets are only worth $7, so no matter what, we'd still end up paying about $2 out of our own pockets anyway at the theater.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell /forum/post/0

I plan on waiting for POTC 3 on Blu-Ray anyway. Why waste my movie viewing experience by going to a commercial hack-job "theater"? I'm doing the same thing for Spidey 3.

thought about doing the same thing. watched spiderman 3 and shrek 3 in the theaters, both were fairly poor experiences with loads of screaming kids and not up to par quality. the worse one was shrek 3, where the theater didnt have the volume high enough, it sounds like some of the speakers may even be broken. the center channel volume was low enough that i couldnt make out some of the dialog. then u had kids crying and idiots making smartass comments.

almost forgot, spidey 3 had a moment during the movie where the friggin lights of the theater came on! this in addition to screaming/crying kids and high school teenagers making dumb comments.

movies here in houston, tx are $9 each, certainly dont feel their worth. might have to resort to watching r-rated movies only at theaters.

·
Premium Member
24,254 Posts
I am not going to the movies once this summer. They can keep their FREE tickets. I do not want to deal with screaming kids, people talking, cellphones ringing, overpriced concessions and you get the picture...

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am not going to the movies once this summer. They can keep their FREE tickets. I do not want to deal with screaming kids, people talking, cellphones ringing, overpriced concessions and you get the picture...

I sorta feel the same way, then I have to remind myself...what is the difference in resoultion between film and BD and HDDVD? A nice theater with a worthwhile projectionist cannot be beat--and crowd noise should not be an issue if volume is at the correct level...I love video, but nothing beats seeing a blockbuster flick in a room full of people.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgonzalez /forum/post/0

Pretty sad that this is a big deal for someone who owns a BD player and movies!

Can't spare the $10 to watch Pirates 3?

He works at Best Buy where they charge $5 too much for BR movies.

Seems like Dr Kain is always mad about something!

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
While its not a big deal I can kind of understand his point if your going to pay more money for the Blu-Ray disk then the DVD version that comes with the ticket you feel kind of ripped off. I don't blame him at all.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain /forum/post/0

This might not be a big issue to most people, but I am quite mad that Disney is not giving free passes to Pirates 3 with the BR editions. Best Buy has a tickets that are free with the purchase of specific movies, but the cover the tickets come in clearly state the BR editions are not eligible for them. WTF? Why is Disney cheating the fans who are early adopters out of free tickets? The tickets are only worth $7, so no matter what, we'd still end up paying about $2 out of our own pockets anyway at the theater.

Disney did this to give you reason to start another moan and groan thread over nothing of significance.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcheng122 /forum/post/0

movies here in houston, tx are $9 each, certainly dont feel their worth. might have to resort to watching r-rated movies only at theaters.

Different parts of Houston have different types of patrons. When I lived down on the South side (Beltway and 45), that AMC 30 started out nice and then became a disaster as the area got more ghetto and white flight occured.

Now, in The Woodlands, we can go to a couple of different Cinemarks (the Market Square is nice), but eventually, it all turns into high concession stand prices, high movie ticket prices, people talking, no ability to pause and go pee pee, subpar audio, no control over the thermostat, etc.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod /forum/post/0

Exactly! I'll be enjoying a lot of BDs and HD DVDs in my HT instead. I'm sure you'll be doing the same in yours.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Besides The Matrix HD DVD which will likely be the standard of HiDef disc formats for some time to come, both Pirates of the Carribean BRD transfers are EXCELLENT! I cannot say enough good of the job Disney has done on both of these disc sets.They've also included a second BRD with hours of bonua material and on the main disc is a new HiDef game called Liar's Dice, which was produced expecially for these discs and it uses the actual cast of pirates from the movies.While not ground breaking, the game is fun and provides for some extra fun and a few laughs.

The only gripe i had about the BRD sets was that they contain codes for TRIPLE points for the Disney Awards Club, which should ammount to 375 points per disc, but as of today, 5/21 when i entered my code from "Dead Man's Chest BRD", it only awarded me 125 points instead of the triple 375 that it says you should receive.I emailed the Awards Club staff and am awaiting an awswer from them now.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldorfSalad /forum/post/0

He works at Best Buy where they charge $5 too much for BR movies.

Seems like Dr Kain is always mad about something!

Okay, I really don't get that joke. How does working at Best Buy have to do with anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fettastic /forum/post/0

On big new releases like this you have to buy tickets online anyway and you can't use free tickets with online purchases.

Um, how do I have to buy tickets online? I go right up to the theater about an hour before the movie starts, get my tickets, and chill outside for 15 minutes, then head up to the room it is showing him, and grab our seats, then I go and get the food (if we get anything that is). Tickets are already too pricey, so there is no way in hell I'm going to pay a 75 cent service charge.

And I'm so sorry some of you are far too rich to even care about free tickets you damn yuppies!!!!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
I saw that BB was doing this and honestly I was surprised.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod /forum/post/0

i recently started giong to the movies again. i have seen so far next, tmnt, spider man 3. yes the popcorn is $7!!!

its pricy but fun. now a movie like transformers i will be their!!! maybe pirates but still undecided.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.