AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the Sony Business parts website and i noticed that doing a search of parts for porjectors that the only ones that come up are the 1292, d50 and g90.

What about all of us that have G70's?

Just axin'

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
I hate to say this, but this is why I haven't liked selling G 70's. Very few if any have been scrapped. I can see that changing within the next year, I have one right now that is a parts unit, and I bought another one on eBay last week that is parts for sure. The G70 (and G90) are abuot 2-3 years in used parts availabilty over the other sets out there right now.

Curt

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
How much for a C block (neck board) out of the G70 you recently bought off ebay? I exchanged e-mails with the seller and thought about buying it, but all I need is one C block, so I decided against it.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Phil, let me fix yours. Have you got a 38 error? Not sure if hte neck boards even come with the unit, it looked pretty stripped. It should be here in a week or so.

Curt

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Phil,

I don't know what site you got parts prices from, but I just checked the Sony Parts site I buy from and the prices are the same for all three tube assy's that they have been for the past 3 years and are in stock. The B & R tube assys are $900+ and the G is $750+.

Also all G70 parts that have been available are still available. Lets not start rumors......
http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/web/productSearch.do

Terry

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
BAM! and a voice of reason stamps out a vicious rumor again.

Thanks Terry!

:)

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf
Phil,

I don't know what site you got parts prices from, but I just checked the Sony Parts site I buy from and the prices are the same for all three tube assy's that they have been for the past 3 years and are in stock. The B & R tube assys are $900+ and the G is $750+.

Also all G70 parts that have been available are still available. Lets not start rumors......
http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/web/productSearch.do

Terry
Terry, I googled "Sony Broadcast" and all I could find was the link in my previous post. R, G and B tubes are $1,472.38 on that site. Thanks for clarifying things! Good to know they're still available at the usual price.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Anything you can't find on Sony's site, just call them. They usually do have the part, just not on the site. I go through this all the time for the broadcast stuff.

Marc

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme
Phil, let me fix yours. Have you got a 38 error? Not sure if hte neck boards even come with the unit, it looked pretty stripped. It should be here in a week or so.

Curt
Curt,

Cool! I'll send it to you. Is the address on your website http://curtpalme.com/ the one I should send it to?

About 1 1/2 years ago, I bent some pins on the tube when plugging the C Block in and nuked the tube and the C Block. This was on my 2nd G70, not the one I use daily. I haven't used it since and can't remember what, if any, error code I got. All I remember is it didn't work.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman
Anything you can't find on Sony's site, just call them. They usually do have the part, just not on the site. I go through this all the time for the broadcast stuff.

Marc
Thanks Mark!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf

Terry
Please, lets keep those rumours coming :) - if everyone KNOWS that there are no G70 parts availbable, that should help to drive down prices, in favor of those new-fangled LCD units. :D We all know that new projectors are easy to service :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wasn't trying to strat rumors. I just found it strange that sony can list 3 other types of projectors and not a fourth. I did look up the part numbers individually ( after finding them in other threads) and found the listings.

Didn't mean to cause any panic.

Anyway, I enjoy the forum and look forward to another rousing debate.

Sean

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
I will be parting out one or two units shortly...

Curt

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Curt,

I'm interested in a couple of case parts. Any chance you have them as well?

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
I've got them, but they're kinda ratty. No cracks though. Shoot me an email below and I'll send pix.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.