AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the reduced price grand canyon 3d at bb. Amazingly I saw virtually no ghosting on the Sammy un40c7000 which is an led LCD. This is my 5th 3d disk, after mva, coraline, ice age, bloody valentine. I would say either it's content related ghosting or the samsung firmware update that's been done recently. I may have to go back and watch those movies again with the updated firmware.

I was seriously disappointed with the ghosting on Sammy and thought about upgrading to vt20 or vt25. But if future 3d look like the grand canyon, sammy's just as good as the panny, and thinner and nicer looking.

Has anyone else had this improvement with firmware update or is it the disk. Or is it because of 1080p24 (versus 60 hz refresh rate)??

·
Registered
443 Posts
I noticed a weird effect the other night with regards to cross-talk/ghosting on a UN46c7000. I was playing with the 2D->3D feature and on the home screen for my HTPC - with white text on black backgrounds there were significant amounts of cross-talk, but black text on a white background there was zero cross-talk. Seemed like a strange difference.

Watching Shrek 1 on blu-ray, the only 3D movie I have watched so far, I didn't see any apparent cross-talk, although I wasn't looking for it either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.