AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PSHD105 for HD broadcast only. I was watching Jeopardy (better yhan cable quality) last night then the picture suddenly disappeared. I checked my signal strength and it's coming in at 88. I checked the other channels. All are coming in at 77 and higher but w/o a picture. WTF? I've tried channel search several times to no avail. Please tell me I'm not the only one with this problem.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Might I ask the channel you want checked?

[grin.]

------------------

The Proceeding Message Was Brought To You By Some Yutz Who Thinks He Knows Something. Ignore At Will.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Sorry. I read part of it and then responded, it looks like you are saying ALL of your channels are down. Not true in my case. Little Spouse is on WB, and Soaps aplenty on the networks right now. All appear solid for me.

Rick

------------------

The Proceeding Message Was Brought To You By Some Yutz Who Thinks He Knows Something. Ignore At Will.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Allen:

Is it possible that you now have PSIP engaged and the channels are being remapped. KABC which broadcasts at 53.1 could be remapped to 7.1. Most of the other LA channels can also be remapped.

BTW, 53.1 was working properly last night.

Jeff Hipps

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeff,

I spend most of my time here at the HTPC area. I'm not really sure what PSIP stands for. *blush* I'm guessing it's the "Off-Air Guide?" I've tried channel search with it enabled and disabled and I still do not get DT stations. Analog stations come in a jumbled mess, as usual, since I'm using a RS indoor double bow tie antenna. I'm starting to think It's my STB. What stumps me is I'm getting a signal (strength at 77-88) with a "Week Signal" message on my screen. I guess it's time to call for service. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YIPPY SKIPPY! It's fixed.

I did some poking around at the RCA site. I found a self help guide to the DTC-100. All I had to do was answer some questions and the first suggestion fixed it which was a soft reboot.

FYI the soft reboot, or reset, is simultaneously holding down the power and down arrow on the STB for five seconds when the unit is on. It will then turn off on it's own. I waited a few minutes before turning it on, and all digital channels are now coming in clear.

I also found the fix at > http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/usefu...100_reset.html

The RCA self help > http://www.rca.com/content/viewdetai...00008,00.html?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I remember when I had the DTC-100 I had similar problems here in L.A. If you have PSIP (Off air guides) ON and one of the stations starts experimenting with their PSIP stream, it could cause the effect you are seeing for several other channels as well. I'd get full strength, but a "weak signal" indicator. Typically a rescan will fix it.

Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.