AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,774 Posts
Call your local station, ask for engineering and see if they can help. If the normal business phone line does not answer, use the news phone line, but still ask for engineering.

· Registered
304 Posts
Jason is the AHDTV group's Station Representative

for WXIA. He's going to contact the station as best

he can.

They're notorious for not caring about DTV viewers,

much more so than other stations. Hopefully he'll

get some results.

· Registered
304 Posts
I just spoke with the Master Control Room at WXIA, and they said that their information from NBC indicated that it would *not* be available in HD and that they could do anything to make this happen.

· Registered
304 Posts

· Premium Member
Sony XBR-65A1E, Denon 3400, B&W
965 Posts
GHoov...Yes, they are. Sorry to say this is incompetence at the local level. This is one of the reasons I have DirecTV. D* gives me HDNet which was wonderful for the Olympics and now the Kentucky Derby. At least you know our local station's gaff will not go unnoticed at the network level. Small consolation, I know.

· Registered
5,414 Posts
I'm always checking nbcmv for these announcements, and I can never find them in all the other fluff. Our programming department just went by the engineering e-mail we got, and the face that "hd" was shown in fine print on one of NBC's program schedules!

· Premium Member
13,009 Posts
Our local 3 network affils here in Jacksonville have had a complete about face in their attitude this year on HDTV. We are so lucky. Ever since the Olympics the stations have gone out of their way to bring HDTV to us. Not only that, but the chief engineer for the NBC/ABC affil even has many HDTV enthusiasts on his e-mail notification list. We first heard about the KD from him in an e-mail. He even asked for feedback/signal reports. Our local broadcast situation is very unstable here with CBS HDTV future but for now we have it and it is being done pretty reliably. If you station is having difficulty then it is just likely the station management needs an attitude adjustment about HDTV and the HDTV community they serve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.