AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No HDTV here in Washington DC for The West Wing season premiere as of 9:09 PM and counting. Is this a local issue?

:mad:

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Must be local. It is weird that we would get last season's finale in HD tonight, but 1 minute later, they can't deliver HD for this season's premiere.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts
HD in Detroit.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
HD now in DC. Guess the guys finally took their eyes off of the Yanks/Sox game long enough to realize they needed to "flip the switch".

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by dbburns
HD now in DC. Guess the guys finally took their eyes off of the Yanks/Sox game long enough to realize they needed to "flip the switch".
I would just be willing to bet that was what was happening. :mad:

·
Registered
538 Posts
I thought the picture was not as dark as most of last year's episodes. It kept the "natural dramatic lighting" look but we can see details. Maybe they read AVS and heard our complaints?

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Keller,

Maybe they actually saw the results of their work on an HD monitor and decided something had to change :)

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Huh. Well, it *sounds* good, but we'll have to see. (Didn't see the premiere yet, TiVo'd because of ALCS, and the first part isn't HD anyway I did hear someplace! :D )

·
Registered
667 Posts
West Wing went 16mm huh? Wondered why the show was ok last night for last season's finale but the new season premiere was grainy. Docu-drama technique doesn't really work unless you go to hand-held cameras.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
I'm going to be watching my recorded copy closely now... that article sounded like the 'new' 16mm was so wonderful you couldn't tell the difference!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've been watching the reruns on Bravo a lot lately (had some weekdays off, including some marathon days). They're VERY dark on my TV, it's kind-of annoying.

CW

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.