Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Is it me or ABC not going to show its two weeks 10th anniversary Who Wants To Be a Millionaire? Both TitanTV and Zap2It say nothing about HD for this game show's return.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Maybe Regis doesn't want to show all his new wrinkles in HD since the last show..

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 /forum/post/16942050

Maybe Regis doesn't want to show all his new wrinkles in HD since the last show..

Good excuse.
Isn't his morning talk show in HD though? I never saw him in HD before since I don't watch those morning shows.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Regis & Kelly morning show has pretty soft HD. Nothing is ever "razor sharp." It's like they have Vaseline filters on every camera.

Regis was on Letterman the other night. Now that's good HD. Regis definitely looked wrinkled.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Pitiful, especially since they try to make it visually dramatic.

But what I want to know is, will it be played under the old rules, or the new sucky rules that they use on the daytime version, with timers?

·
Registered
61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine /forum/post/16957224

But what I want to know is, will it be played under the old rules, or the new sucky rules that they use on the daytime version, with timers?

Only the "fastest finger" qualifying round from the original version will be coming over, everything else will be the same as the daytime version.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah, I just got done watching this wondering why the picture looked so terrible... now I know!

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozobuttz /forum/post/16990747

Yeah, I just got done watching this wondering why the picture looked so terrible... now I know!

The gorgeous set is calling for HD. I doubt iut will ever since its ratings are not doing well either.

·
Registered
6,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Deckman /forum/post/16942224

The Regis & Kelly morning show has pretty soft HD. Nothing is ever "razor sharp." It's like they have Vaseline filters on every camera.

Its like when SNL disses on The View...they make it look like watching thru a dirty fishbowl.

Dont they call it the Baba Wawa effect ?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Worst quality of SD I've seen all year... for a primetime show it's a big dissapointment..

Hence the low ratings?

·
Registered
10,765 Posts
Visually, a terrible looking show with a set that screams for HD.

It would help if they didn't have a celebrity playing for their charity. I mean that is all fine and dandy, but people want to see ordinary people have a chance to win a million dollars.

I don't mind the clock because it gives more contestants a chance to play. However, Regis keeps trying to be funny, and a few times almost cost the contestant a chance to answer because he is BSing while the clock is running. I just think the show needs to be run tighter.

One thing that hasn't changed; people still don't know how to use their lifelines effectively.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.