AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks -- I was using a DirecTV HD receiver at home and this weekend purchased a HD10-250. On my original receiver we basically got 2 channel for each of the local stations, one with standard definition and one with high definition for some programming. So, for example, I had two channels, back to back, for the NBC, CBS, FOX, and ABC affiliates. These two channels were not off-air channels but were in addition to the off-air channels.

When I installed the HD10-250 the second HD channels disappeared from the guide. I still see the off-air channels but, quite frankly, the reception is too spotty to be worthwhile.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a limitation of the HD10-250 or did I do something wrong in the setup?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Robert

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
The HD locals through the dish are MPEG4 Ka band channels. Only the HR20-700 and H20 can receive them. Starting sometime in the next year or two, all HD channels will go that route.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywolf /forum/post/0

Starting sometime in the next year or two, all HD channels will go that route.

Thanks very much for this response. It sounds as though the HR10 was a dead-end purchase. I can return it. Is there a consensus of opinion as to which is better the HR 20 or the HR 20-700?

Thanks again,

-- Robert

·
Registered
511 Posts
It's not clear from your post, but the SAT standard-def locals may just take a bit to show up in the channel list.

You can speed this up by dialing 1-800-DIRECTV, then getting to a code-prompt and saying or keying "7-1-1". This will get the satellite to strobe your receiver in the next 30 seconds. If successful you should then see all your locals in the channel list.

Alternatively, you can get customer service to do this manually.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.