1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
comcast -> component -> samsung DLP hln507w HD works

uverse -> component -> same HD does not work

uverse -> hdmi (DVI) -> same HD works

problem is I want to use component. Looks like my set is only accepting 420p or 420i and while it looks like comcast supports it, uverse does not.

The question is: why isn't my set accepting 1080i (according to the system menu setting below) or is this a problem with HDCP as my set was built in late 2002?

·
Registered
87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpawloski /forum/post/18126970

comcast -> component -> samsung DLP hln507w HD works

uverse -> component -> same HD does not work

uverse -> hdmi (DVI) -> same HD works

problem is I want to use component. Looks like my set is only accepting 420p or 420i and while it looks like comcast supports it, uverse does not.

The question is: why isn't my set accepting 1080i (according to the system menu setting below) or is this a problem with HDCP as my set was built in late 2002?

Check you manual, I had a HLN617W (now junked), and on the component inputs, component one only accepts 480p/480i only, and component two & three accepts 480p / 720p / 1080i only which would be the HD input from the STB. The component one for 480p was intended for only a progressive DVD player, and nothing else.

I had my STB forced for 720p output, signal and the STB would convert the 1080i/480i/480p up or down to the native 720p, and pass the 720p outputs native that this DLP is. There is no input that will accept 480i/480p/720p/1080i all in one. I had HDCP issues with my set too.

Here is the excerpt from the manual

ˆ Component1 jacks (Y, Pb, Pr, L, R)

Use these jacks to connect the component video/audio signals from a

DVD player when using the component video input jacks.

Note: Only 480i and 408p formats are supported.

Component 2, 3 jacks (Y, Pb, Pr, L, R)

Receives the DTV video/audio signals from a set top box.

Note: Only 480p, 720p and 1080i formats are supported.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.