AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the new tv coming tomorrow (hln 4365w).....no hdtv for a week or so, but should i hook up my current digital cable box via the standard video and two audio cables into "video1" or with a coax into antenna input? which is better?

·
Registered
135 Posts
The connection food chain basically starts with RF (coax/antenna) at the bottom, then composite (Video 1), then S-Video, then component. DVI is at the top for the Sammy DLP's, as well as for many (but not all) sets.

So if you only have RF/coax and composite outputs on your present cable box, go with composite into Video 1. If it has S-Video or component, go with one of these, according to the hierarchy above.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks danny.

the only reason i was wondering was in an earlier thread i had asked about when hdtv was hooked into component 3 if i would be able to watch standard def, and someone said that i would be better off using antenna for standard picture. i will plug my digital cable box into video 1. i got the tv this morning and am running on coax antenna. it has been on since noon....when should i start adjusting my settings? it looks pretty sick, dvds are insane (component 1).......the SD is better on some channels, bad on others.

can't wait for hdtv!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.