AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, before I start I will give you the info on my equipment in case this helps

DA3ES receiver

Iscan Pro line doubler

NEC XG-110 PJ

3100HD Cable box by time warner cable.

Problem I am having is when I try to run a HD image from HBO, I get nothing but scrambled image on my screen. I am running everying into my reciever and back out to the line doubler by the means of RGB. When talking to Time Warner they said that I need some type of converter box due to the single being 1080i for my projector. All other singles coming out of the S-video looks great. Is this right what they tell me and if so how can I fix my problem? What do I need to be able to view 1080i on my PJ

Rick

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
You can't send the 1080I output from the HD receiver into your iscan, if that's what you're trying to do. The iscan can only accept a 480I input.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What can I do so I can view the 1080i channels then? And yes that is what I am currently doing.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Doesn't the 3100HD have RGB or component output? You'll need to use that for HDTV.

Kei Clark

Digital Connection

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it does but from what I have found out is that I can't run that through my line doubler as it will only handle 480 and not 1080i. I have been told that I need a swither box to make this work. Still looking for ideas that people have done.

Rick

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Rick,

Maybe it would help if you would explain how everyting is hooked up. What inputs are you using on the Iscan and projector? What inputs do you have free on the projector? What format are the signals you are routing through the receiver?

-phil

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok here we go. First I have my DVD player that I am running RGB output into my Sterero (Sony DA3ES) I am also running my cable box (time warner 3100) with s-video into my reciever for all channels except HD. I also have a RGB output on the cable box that I have run into my receiver also. This is used for the HD channels. From my receiver I do all my switching. Out of my receiver I have both S-video for VCR and basic channel cable going into my line doubler (iscan pro). I also have RGB coming out of my reciever going into my line doubler for what I thought would be both my DVD and HD channels. What I have been told is that the line doubler can only handle 480 and not 1080i as the hd is in. Thus, they said that I need to bypass the line doubler some way and go straight into the back of my XG-110 CRT. Right now out of my line doubler I run 5 BNC up to my PJ. I am not sure what other conections I have on the PC at this time that I could use. What I have been thinking is trying to find some type of switch box that has 2 sets of 5 BNC incoming and one set outgoing. What do you think?

Rick

·
Registered
523 Posts
I run RGBHV to my XG85 and use a manual VGA switch box like this to switch between my Dish 6000 and my HTPC. Its cheap, but works OK for me. This is strictly VGA, but use a belden adapter to go to RGBHV. There are more expensive solutions from Extron like this .

No matter what, if you only have one RGBHV input on your projector, you will have to use a switch box/switcher or buy another card for the projector. I saw somebody selling RGBHV cards for the NEC 75/85 110/135 in the classifieds, so you may want to check there. Around $200 I think.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The SA3100HD apparently has only YPrPb outputs; no RGBHV. So you will need a transcoder to make that work unless your PJ can accept YPrPb. Another possibility is for you to check with your cable co and see if they have any of the older SA2000HD boxes. Those have both formats available .... YprPr is the default there too ... but they can be switched (internal jumpers) to five-wire RGBHV. (RCA connects so BNC adaptors needed usually). -- Bruce

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.