AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as I suspected there will not be a HT250DM. Here is an extract from the official Sim2 massage board.

Jeff

Name: de Berny Jean Louis

Contribution: Helo Sabrina Thanks for the Manual . I am very interresting by the Ht 250 perhaps HT 250Dm and I want to know if I use my IScan pro (576p in RGBS mode) with the RGBS input of the HT 250 at 31,Khz progressive mode at 576 p, the projector upscaled to 1024 x768 or stayed at 800x600? Thanks for your reply Jean Louis

Response: Hi Jean Louis, If you use your IScan (576p), the projector will automatically upscale the image to 1024x768. Also, please note that there will not be a DM version of the HT250. sincerely, Sabrina

·
Registered
835 Posts
I had heard the same, it think it has to do with an increased focus on the 720p chip for consumer applications. 848*480 is great for entry level applications, but I'm guessing the difference in cost between a 1024*768/576 chip and the 1280*720 chip is not enough to justify the loss of resolution in the 1024*576 16:9 mode of a widescreen XGA chip.

Regards,

Kam Fung

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
And so, as usual, we wait again!

------------------

Jeff

Currently - Zenith 7" CRT, 80x60 1.3 gain screen

Soon to be - 107x60 1.3 gain...with ?Seleco 250 with Panamorph or "cheap" 9" CRT

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jeff:

I too am planning Seleco HT250 theater. I'm selecting Draper's new Access Sonata 78 x 104 NTSC image size (with multiple aspect ratios possible) M2500 screen surface (2.5gain). When I saw your screen choice, it made me wonder about overall brightness, given the Seleco's 900 ansi lumens rating.

I'm also planning to get Draper's "Revelation" concealed projector mount w/ mirrored motorized drop. Do you think I could incorporate a panamorph into this set-up . . .or would that be too many mirrors? check out www.draperinc.com

The concealed set-up should decrease the HT250's already low fan noise to almost nil.

Dr D

·
Registered
581 Posts
Maybe this needs some clarification:

Seleco won't be coming out with a HT250DM BUT they will be

launching a product (HT250) that has the new colorwheel!!!!!!!!!

SO finally a Selco 250 will come to the market that will deal with the rainbow...........

Cheers

Anthony

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony-V:
Maybe this needs some clarification:

Seleco won't be coming out with a HT250DM BUT they will be

launching a product (HT250) that has the new colorwheel!!!!!!!!!

SO finally a Selco 250 will come to the market that will deal with the rainbow...........

Cheers

Anthony
One would hope so but I have yet to see it confirmed. I'll check.

Jeff

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hi Jeff,

The German distributor confirms the SIM HT250-RGBRGB version in the German HT-forum. So it's maybe true. But in autumn the first true 16:9 WXGA projectors will be released, Sharp XV-Z9000U... - with similar price compared to the HT-250. These units should also have an advantage reg. contrast because of the exclusively used DM3 technique. Sharp quotes 1200:1 in their manual!! Therefore I think Seleco should concentrate on the new HT300. I was personally very interested in the HT250, using it together with a Isco - to get a 16:9 unit. But then the 200DM was released with the RGBRGB color-wheel, but no equivalent 250 version came... .

Best regards, Walter

------------------

Graz, home town of the Terminator...

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do we know that the RGBRGB wheel is even compatible with the 1024x768 DMD? Are the any products currently available that have a XGA DMD and a 6 colour wheel?

Jeff

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I don't see how there is any issue of "compatibility" If an RGB wheel works, then so will an RGBRGB, as it is the same thing just moving at twice the speed.

------------------

David Mendicino

Sharp xv-s55u (Don't laugh) :)

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not convinced either way, but one possible reason for non compatibility is that the 240Hz color scan rate is a new feature with the 848x480 DMD. It may be a requirement to implement a rgbrgb wheel.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The only concern would be the mechanical abillity of the DMD mirrors to switch at that rate, which it, I believe, has already been confirmed to be well above the minimum switch time of around 2ms...I am not 100% sure about the exact timing, but i know it has already been determined that the current crop of DMD's can handle that rate. It is only a matter of software (firmware) to synch it.

------------------

David Mendicino

Sharp xv-s55u (Don't laugh) :)

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
An DM XGA projector isn't possible because TI doesn't make an DM XGA chip. It only makes a DM SVGA and a DM 720p.

The spec sheet that quoted 1200:1 on the Sharp unit also quoted it having an RGBWRGBW color wheel which would help contrast ratio with the hot whites. I think we would be lucky to see the Sharp come in at anything higher than 600:1 which is very good but not as awesome as a 1200:1.

We will just to have to wait and see.

-Mr. Wigggles

------------------

The Mothership is now boarding.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.