AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the Moome HDMI input card for my Sony 1272 about 6 months ago installed it in the projector and ran a HDMI cable straight from my Toshiba A1 to the projector and the card worked fine. I have since disconnected my system and purchased a new preamp the Integra 9.8. I have been working on getting this installed all day. I hooked my system up and ran my Blu-Ray, HD-DVD and my DISH DVR all throught the Integra via HDMI no signal to the projector and the green link light on the Moome card was not on. So I then bypassed the Integra 9.8 and ran the HDMI cable straight from the source to the projector and tried this with all three sources, still no signal and the green link light on the Moome card was not on. I was thinking maybe the HDMI cable to the projector was to long, the cable is 30 feet so I disconnected my Toshiba A1 and hooked it up close to the projector with a 6 foot HDMI cable straight from the Toshiba to the Sony projector and still no signal and the green link light is not on. Does anybody have any suggestions? I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. I have search this forum for answers and couldn't find any threads that help. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Jeff,

The projector and input (slot location) needs to be on and active before turning on the source player to make the HDCP handshake.

As a side note the HDA1 I saw last weekend needed the 3.0 V update to handshake. Research this first before doing, it was with a Moome DVI card and the HDMI card shouldnt have a issue with it. Doug

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice I tried having the projector on and the input active before powering up the source and still no luck. I tried this with both the Toshiba HD-DVD and my Panasonic Blu-Ray player. Both the red and yellow light are on, but no green link light. I have tried flipping the switch which is next to the lights and still nothing. Is this switch the auto detect switch?

Jeff

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
I think that switch is for component or HDMI and Auto yes. Does the Component input work ok? it might be the moome card itself.

HDMI sucks !!! this is another reason HD SDi should have been the standard !!!!

Athanasios

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to try to hook up to the component input later tonight and see if that works. If it doesn't maybe it is the card. Any other thoughts?

Jeff

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just tested the component input and it does work. The reason I am trying to use the HDMI input is because I just bought the Integra 9.8 processor and I am trying to take advantage of the Surround Formats from my Blu-Ray and HD-DVD players. Does anyone have any other ideas of what might be going on? I keep thinking I am over looking something very simple, but I can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
It might be a simple turn on sequence of all the components, frst tun on the PJ, then the Amp, then the player. then do it in reverse, as my Moome card in my marquee fed through the lumagen doesnt care what goes on first.

Athanasios

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have had problems from time to time with the automatic switching between component and HDMI. Hopefully you have the remote control that goes with the card - at least on my Marquee version there is. You press "1" to toggle between the two inputs.

HTH

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have played around with this more this morning and still no luck. I do have the remote control and I can't tell if it is working or not. The card seems to be acting like it is stuck on the component input. When I have both a component cable and HDMI cable hooked up and try to switch the input with the remote it stays on the component input. Any other ideas? Is there a way for me to test to see if the remote is working? Does the IR sensor light up on your card when you use the remote? Thanks for your help, this problem is driving me crazy. I want to get the video problem fixed so I can hook up my new processor and try to enjoy it.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
the light will blink, i think yellow, when i adjust the gamma i never had component hooked up to try to toggle between the two. Maybe take the card out and leave it out for a day or two and try again, not sure what it will do but it wont hurt.

Athanasios

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The last thing I tried was I manually powered down my projector and unplugged it and took out the Moome card. About an hour later I reinstalled the card and plugged the projector in. I waited about another 30 minutes and then powered up the projector, selected input b for the Moome card and powered up the Toshiba A1. Still no input. I looked at the lights on the Moome card and the Red and Yellow light were on, but no green for link. I then used the remote for the Moome card and hit number 1 to change the inputs, still no signal, but now only the red light is on. Does anybody know what this means?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I had the same issue 3 weeks ago with my moome card. There was no hdmi sync to the pj however the component section on the card worked perfectly I also owne the very dependable moome dvi card and like always it worked like a charm. I then informed moome of the problem and he claims the this particular issue was a first, and that he will look into having the card repaired. Since then moome has kept in contact with me via e-mail and has informed that the card has been repaired, and is know looking great once I receive the card back HOPEFULLY very soon. I will let you know the outcome moome is great guy who has giving CRT owners additional reason to keep holding on.!!!!! BUT WE MUST BE PATIENT!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts