AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure where best to put this, but my suspicion is that it's a receiver setting more than an Apple TV setting, so here we go!

I recently hooked up a new Apple TV to my Denon 2310CI. Everything worked simply, except I notice that the LFE channel is not working for some reason... nothing coming out of the sub.

I know the system is working, as I can switch to Blu-ray or my DirecTV box and LFE switches on.

For any experts with the Denon, what should I be looking for in the menus to correct this issue? It's currently plugged into the "DVD" input via HDMI, and I have tried a different HDMI cable just to be safe... no luck. Does the input port have anything to do with the default settings?

Anyway, any assistance or pointers would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
90,432 Posts
The Denon AVR-2310CI Owner's thread is always a good place to post 2310CI related questions.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1159463/official-denon-avr-2310ci-890-owners-thread/0_100

The LFE channel is the 0.1 channel in DD/DTS 5.1 audio, so if the ATV is only outputting a stereo 2.0 signal, there's no LFE. To get the sub to work you need to ensure ALL speakers are set to SMALL with minumum of 80hz crossovers. Review the Audyssey 101 Guide linked in my sig to learn how to properly setup the AVR after running AUTO SETUP.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1419055/no-lfe-channel-w-denon-2310-and-appletv#post_22196792

The Denon AVR-2310CI Owner's thread is always a good place to post 2310CI related questions.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1159463/official-denon-avr-2310ci-890-owners-thread/0_100

The LFE channel is the 0.1 channel in DD/DTS 5.1 audio, so if the ATV is only outputting a stereo 2.0 signal, there's no LFE. To get the sub to work you need to ensure ALL speakers are set to SMALL with minumum of 80hz crossovers. Review the Audyssey 101 Guide linked in my sig to learn how to properly setup the AVR after running AUTO SETUP.
Well, that thread seemed to limiting because it _could_ be an Apple TV issue, so I wanted more exposure to the topic.

What I'm wondering is, why does it work on other inputs just fine, and not the one the Apple TV is plugged into? The Apple TV doesn't have those kinds of settings, so it doesn't seem to be an issue with the Apple TV that I can adjust. The Denon has been set up and up and running for more than 2 years. Unless there's something fundamental that I don't understand when simply adding a new component.

By the way, I see you're in Orlando - me too! Mt. Dora!

·
Registered
12,357 Posts
Zeldain, what type of content are you streaming over the Apple TV? Unless it is 5.1 bitstreams, there will not be any LFE signal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts