AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I play a DVD with WinDVD 5 Platinum LFE effects are sent to the subwoofer correctly, when 'Send 0.1 effects to front channels' is ticked in the Audio WinDVD subpanel.

If I play a DVD with ZoomPlayer and the WinDVD audio filter then LFE effects are not sent to the subwoofer. Blight would it be possible to add this to Zoom Player under External settings?

I ran regmon and found that WinDVD sets the registry setting for SUBWOOFER to 1. I tried making a new key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\InterVideo\\Common\\AudioDec but this didnt help!. So there does not seem to be any registry setting that works in Zoom Player when your using just the WinDVD audio filter :confused:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody else use Zoom Player with WinDVD 5 Audio filter and send LFE effects to their subwoofer (analogue outputs) ?

:(

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I also found that PowerDVD had poor audio output ...

To explain my setup a little clearer...

My htpc is setup like this for 5.1 sound..

front - connected to 4.1 speaker system (logitech 400W RMS THX)

rear - connected to 4.1 speaker system

centre/subwoofer - connected to an amplifier with one speaker

I need to send the LFE to the front channels where the subwoofer is. In WinDVD 5 Platinum Audio setup there is an option 'Send 0.1 (LFE Subwoofer) to Speakers/Headphones'. So in WinDVD, any Low Frequency Effects (LFE) are sent to the subwoofer and the 5.1 system sounds great.

I thought the registry key I needed was SUBWOOFER=1 but zoomplayer does not seem to be able to send 0.1 LFE subwoofer to the front speakers

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your help, I'll see if Blight has any ideas, as I would ideally like to use windvd audio. I have not tried the latest powerdvd but I remember trying an old version a while ago and found powerdvd had a very low volume output and didnt sound as 'clean' as windvd audio.

Hopefully there is a way to get WinDVD LFE to work in zoomplayer :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.