AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 65" panny plasma is just to big for an over the fireplace wall mount. So, my options are the 50" and 54" g20/25. I went to all the stores this weekend, and could only find the 50" ad 65" plasmas.

Why is the 54" not a popular model? I know I can order it online, but would rather buy in a store.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownalcohol /forum/post/19559019

The 65" panny plasma is just to big for an over the fireplace wall mount. So, my options are the 50" and 54" g20/25. I went to all the stores this weekend, and could only find the 50" ad 65" plasmas.

Why is the 54" not a popular model? I know I can order it online, but would rather buy in a store.

Do you have a Fry's or Paul's TV store in your area? Both of my local stores have the 54G25. And last week two nearby Costcos had the 54G20 in stock, even after their online store stopped showing it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Fry's or Paul's. I have already checked the local costco's.

I can live with the $300 extra cost of the the 54 over the 50.

With the set being mounted over the fireplace I feel going larger than a 54" is just too tall. I need atleast 6" from top of mantel to bottom of tv to be able to place a center channel speaker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.