AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having issues getting my denon 3808 to decode bluray disc in dolby true or dts hd. I just hooked my 3808 up with a panny bd80 over hdmi and nothin. I had a ps3 that i used for movies, but it was a conflict with my sons gaming habits. ps3 had no issues decoding. dont know if it is a set up issue or what?

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
In addition to reading the manuals (always good advice), you most likely need to tell the Panasonic blu-ray player in its settings to send a bitstream (not PCM) signal, and the Denon its settings, specific for the HDMI input used for the BD player, to decode the HD audio signals appropriately.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schroedk /forum/post/18142219

In addition to reading the manuals (always good advice), you most likely need to tell the Panasonic blu-ray player in its settings to send a bitstream (not PCM) signal, and the Denon its settings, specific for the HDMI input used for the BD player, to decode the HD audio signals appropriately.

Which would be found in the manuals.

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky636 /forum/post/18142245

Which would be found in the manuals.

Exactly...what can I say? I was bored...

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Make sure the settings in your BD player are correct.

Also, it's lossless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.