AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading up on the sub I ordered. It was Jim's review that led me to buy a nxg bas500 I see people ask about it and get shot down with other subs completely ignoring the nxg. Why? This sub is more capable than most at its price point just ask Mr Wilson. The actual measured numbers look impressive for its price point. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1521058/stf-2-vs-nx-bas-500 this is a comparison against a sub that gets recommended more than the nxg. To me the nxg takes the win in raw numbers with what I know of reading these numbers. Someone correct me if I am wrong. So why no love for it. First hand I know their customer service is excellent.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I think the NXG is generally regarded as one of the best in its price range, but a lot of the members here like to spend other people's money and tell them to buy something more expensive whether they need/want it or not lol.

·
Banned
8,743 Posts
There isn't a good comparable set of measurements for either sub. Who knows how they really compare, I am guessing similarly, but CEA doesn't tell the whole story with respect to performance. CEA measurements done by different testers isn't good enough for a serious performance comparison, only a rough one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts