AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently, Disney is scrapping future releases of their two-disc Special Edition DVDs. The first casualty of this decision apparently is Lilo & Stitch. Eisner received a marketing survey which showed that standard DVDs had 95% of the market and the SE versions only had 5%. Families were complaining that the SE versions got their children confused when they inserted the wrong disc.

Lilo & Stitch was supposed to release a SE version in January but was axed. The Florida division were upset about it since they were never told about the decision until the last minute (Florida rleleases were Mulan and Hercules, both with no SE versions, L&S was to be their first SE). They feel they were getting the short end of the deal since their releases were not getting the special treatment like the California division.

For more reading on Disney's weird decisions can be found at jimhillmedia.com. There's stuff on why Aladdin was skipped over as the next Platinum release and on how Beauty & the Beast was supposed to be a live action film, not animated.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Shame that... Personally I wouldn't mind the mouse house going out of business all together, but thats just me :p

- Rick

·
Registered
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Krynos
Shame that... Personally I wouldn't mind the mouse house going out of business all together, but thats just me :p

- Rick
Don't worry, A few more Treasure Planets and that will be exactly what happens. ;)

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Krynos

- Rick
As long as they can get a decent version of Sleeping Beauty on the market before they croak, that would be fine with me...

Fred

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.