AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This TV is on the JVC website now and really looks good. THe color is much better or much more standard (dark gray). I'm even seeing it advertised on websites such as CDW and some of the yahoo shopping companies. Anyone have any info on this set or seen one? It looks like it will be about $400 more than the 48 inch set but for that much extra size and a normal color this could really be a big seller.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Whats the URL?

As a matter of fact, I called couple of JVC sales divisions (dealer sales) to inquire about 56 incher. They didnt have not received any dates or stocks as of this Monday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The JVC website lists that the AV 56WP30 will be available in July 2002 at Nationally Advertised Values of $2,699.95.

·
Registered
41 Posts
From CDW:

JVC AV56WP30 56IN PROJECTION TV

Product Information

Note:

This product has been discontinued as of Wednesday, June 26, 2002.

Usually Ships: 1-2 Weeks

CDW Part No.: 373765

Mfg. Part No.: AV56WP30

Price:

Call

UNAVAILABLE ONLINE

Anyone else have any news on this?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Before you jump to ridiculous conclusions, find out if the set is discontinued by CDW or by JVC.

I am sure you will find that this is a CDW decision. As i stated in another post, we received six of them into stock last week, and expect more to be coming as soon as availability allows.

Mike K.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I talked to JVC today and found that no they have not discontinued the 48 inch or the 56 inch TV. The 56 inch TV will not be on the market until September according to this lady but who knows since some people or stating next week on this board and other boards. She said that they would not be ready for shipping until that date.

She also stated that they have not had a lot of problems with the 48 inch. She seemed to be saying to me that "Yes" they have had problems but not beyond what is normal for a new line of TVs.

She was an employee at the New Jersey office.

While I was writing this I talked to another employee and he said that they would be available in August. He said that he also knew of no problems with the 48 inch. He stated that they only produced 5000 originally and the demand was so great that they have had to increase production.

August for the 56 inch or September?? Who knows? THe rumors of being discontinued is absolutely false however.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.