AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Touched by an Angel" is ending with a two-part Series Finale this Saturday (4/26) and Sunday (4/27) at 8PM EDT/PDT (See CBS's website ) I'm going to miss this show, it was a breath of fresh air in a world of "reality" TV and b_tt shots of Dennis Franz where "^ss" and "bullsh!t" have become accepted prime-time language.

The truth is, I never watched it before I had HD; it wasn't my "cup of tea." I bought my HD monitor after my CBS affiliate started ATSC broadcasting, and "TbaA" was in High Definition. Actually, I found the whole CBS Saturday night lineup to be quite excellent, and I've continued to watch to this day. Sure, "Touched by an Angel" is written to tug at your heart strings, but I always feel better after watching it.

So, to the cast, I thank you for making feel good about this world, and to CBS, for having the fortitude to bring this "counter-culture" show to air.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I felt the same way. It never ceased to bring a tear in my eye. It will be surely missed. I even started to watch the PAX channel. They have a few good family shows like.... Sue Thomas, F.B. Eye, Doc, and Just Cause.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Quote:
Wouldn't Touched by an Angel be "Counter - Counter-Culture"?
Huh? This is getting heavy. I also enjoyed the show and I am not even a Christian.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
this was a show I did not watch regularly but always enjoyed it... except for the fact every time the had a CF cyctic Fibrosis patient on the show they killed them off.. ER does the same thing... btw I have cf

but back to topic. I usually found the eps a breath of fresh air and felt better after watching, guess that is why the show lasted as long as it did. sorry to see it go.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Glad to see it go. It's about time.

Now the prime time space can be cleared out for something better (which is just about anything).

·
Registered
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hdtv_moron
Glad to see it go. It's about time.

Now the prime time space can be cleared out for something better (which is just about anything).
LOL..... Good one-

Mr. Aptly Named

hdtv_moron

Slug Chucker

:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
It is rare to see programming so devoid of intelligence as this stinker. The fact that it stayed on the air as long as it did proves that there is an audience for almost anything.

The only shows I can think of that were as bad as this one would be "Emeril" and "George" with George Foreman...of course those shows at least had likeable characters.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by John Tillman
I have a friend who is wondering if 'The Agency' will survive as well. Anyone have a clue?
I certainly hope so, it's one of our favorites. I bet they could find WMD in Iraq...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Angel was one of the few "family" oriented shows left. the reason it stayed on for 9 years is it had good ratings and stood out in the crowd among all the trash shows we now have. I hate to see it go.

·
Registered
119 Posts
"Sappy, Simplistic, poorly written, poorly acted. Bye Bye."

Huh? I guess that is why it lasted 9 years!

I suppose you like shows like "8 simple rules for dating my teenage daughter". More your style! Skin, sexual talk, racy, etc?

Two entirely diff. shows for entirely diff. audience.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie
I pray for all you unbelievers out there. Who knows, God might decide to "cancel" you at anytime.

Wolfie
That's fine, now that I know "Touched by an Angel" has been cancelled I can rest in peace...

Jim

·
Registered
33,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jim_arrows
That's fine, now that I know "Touched by an Angel" has been cancelled I can rest in peace...

Jim
OY VEY!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Your reasoning abilities are truly impressive.

Quote:
Originally posted by crappie69
"Sappy, Simplistic, poorly written, poorly acted. Bye Bye."

Huh? I guess that is why it lasted 9 years!

I suppose you like shows like "8 simple rules for dating my teenage daughter". More your style! Skin, sexual talk, racy, etc?

Two entirely diff. shows for entirely diff. audience.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,643 Posts
That's it.

This topic is closed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.