AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just built a new pc ASUS P5N7A-VM and hooked it up to my LN46A650 over the onboard HDMI.

Looks freaking beautiful and sounds great when I watch AVI or MKV files.

Whenever I try to listen to mp3s or watch a mpg file I do not get any audio. I searched around but cannot find any settings to switch for this. A work around I found is to start an AVI file and then open the mpg file in a seperate instance of VLC (or mpc). I can then close the AVI video and the leave the MPG file playing and the audio comes through just fine.

Also I do not have audio for windows system sounds or for websites like pandora unless I do the AVI trick I noted above.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? I read the other no audio over HDMI threads but they did not seem to cover this, and I don't think this is a PCM vs Bit Stream thing, seems more like a windows setting to me, but I cannot find where to change it. The audio setting in control panel is set to the HD audio signal.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
which codec pack are you using myrlin ? have you associated mpg with vlc player in the options menu ? i use k-lite codecs myself they install just about everything you need without much hassle. it certainly sounds like a codec issue to me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts