AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to calibrating my 60ST60-which IMHO turned out great and looks spectacular.

The one thing I found odd was that I did not need to adjust luminance/Y of any of the primaries.

Is my set perfect or did I miss something??

Screen shots of Calman below.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Be happy with your set. The measurements looks very good. To be sure, not only 100% saturation points are good, you may run ColorChecker and saturation / luminance sweeps. This gives you more objective view how is your set inside color gamut i.e. like viewing real content.

Reactions: ConnecTEDDD

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks that's a good idea.

I would say that when viewing much of the content looks great in all aspects but is under saturated.

Will report back after I run colrchecker and sweeps.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by randal_r  /t/1524774/no-need-to-adjust-luminance-y-on-panasonic-60st60-plasma#post_24547764

Hi,

I have been looking at the "Y" values vs. the Target "Y" values and I am bewildered as to why your color chart (Red though to Magenta) would illustrate such results. I have a feeling that it might be a hardware issue. I would like to make a suggestion. Try to redo a calibration in another video mode; Standard vs Cinema. See if the results are the same. All in all, by the numbers you have done a excellent job. By what I see you should have near perfect Brightness / Contrast and no Gamma issues. Another thing that comes to mind is "do you have all of the auto features turned off"? Recheck.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info, I will give another calibration after I run colorcheker and sweeps.

All enhancements were turned off.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
Are you calibrating color at 100% saturation, the ST60 color calibrates best at 75/75 in my experience.

·
Registered
910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon  /t/1524774/no-need-to-adjust-luminance-y-on-panasonic-60st60-plasma#post_24551011

Are you calibrating color at 100% saturation, the ST60 color calibrates best at 75/75 in my experience.

I agree 75% amplitude and 75% saturation.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungro  /t/1524774/no-need-to-adjust-luminance-y-on-panasonic-60st60-plasma#post_24553625

I agree 75% amplitude and 75% saturation.

I'm using the smallest AVSHD APL Calman windows at 75%.

·
Registered
910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trans_lux  /t/1524774/no-need-to-adjust-luminance-y-on-panasonic-60st60-plasma#post_24557005

I'm using the smallest AVSHD APL Calman windows at 75%.

You should use GCD or Mascior's Calibration Disk. Gamut Calibration Disk has the patterns you need.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungro  /t/1524774/no-need-to-adjust-luminance-y-on-panasonic-60st60-plasma#post_24557725

You should use GCD or Mascior's Calibration Disk. Gamut Calibration Disk has the patterns you need.

The Mascior disc is not 100% compatible with calman, there are some triplet differences since it was designed to be used with chromapure. I would stick with GCD

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
Be sure to check use constant luminance with saturation sweeps in Calman 5 when using the gcd disc. It's under work flow advanced.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U  /t/1524774/no-need-to-adjust-luminance-y-on-panasonic-60st60-plasma#post_24560001

Be sure to check use constant luminance with saturation sweeps in Calman 5 when using the gcd disc. It's under work flow advanced.
Thank you will do.

Can you explain why this is correct/beneficial, only for plasma?

·
Registered
910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon  /t/1524774/no-need-to-adjust-luminance-y-on-panasonic-60st60-plasma#post_24559747

The Mascior disc is not 100% compatible with calman, there are some triplet differences since it was designed to be used with chromapure. I would stick with GCD

Oops, i forgot one is for Chromapure and the other is for Calman. Like Chunon said stick with GCD. I use Chromapure personaly.

·
Registered
12,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trans_lux  /t/1524774/no-need-to-adjust-luminance-y-on-panasonic-60st60-plasma#post_24561073

Thank you will do.

Can you explain why this is correct/beneficial, only for plasma?
the rgb triplets for the gcd are different from the CMD HD disc and Ted's disc and so the use constant luminance with saturation targets lets Calman 5 know that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts