AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my menu guide it says Okland Raiders vs San Francisco 49ers at 9:00p.m. but here it is 9:10 and no NFL football game. Damn INHD!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
18,525 Posts
Must be something wrong with the program data from your cable company. Sounds like they got the NFL network's data on InHD. Where are you and what is the cable company? I don't think InHD has any NFL rights and there was nothing listed on MY schedule, tonight. http://www.inhd.com/schedules/schedules.jsp (click on daily schedule) shows no NFL games.


The game you cite was scheduled for 9pm on the NFL network.


Doc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDon
Must be something wrong with the program data from your cable company. Sounds like they got the NFL network's data on InHD. Where are you and what is the cable company? I don't think InHD has any NFL rights and there was nothing listed on MY schedule, tonight. http://www.inhd.com/schedules/schedules.jsp (click on daily schedule) shows no NFL games.


The game you cite was scheduled for 9pm on the NFL network.


Doc
None on mine, but I think he meant that the NFL Network HD stuff was on InHD last year (game of the week), and thought their preseason HD games would be as well, like the way DirecTV is showing the games on a special channel like they did with GOTW last year
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slouque1
On my menu guide it says Okland Raiders vs San Francisco 49ers at 9:00p.m. but here it is 9:10 and no NFL football game. Damn INHD!
It was aired here in Phoenix tonight on Cox. NFL network had the SD version and INHD had the HD version, complete with NFL (network) bug in the upper right hand corner. Not sure what the relationship is but INHD also airs the Arizona Diamondbacks MLB games in HD from the local Fox Sports net station.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
48,895 Posts
Diamondbacks HD games are also part of the E* and D* MLB EI packages.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
18,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Phogg
It was aired here in Phoenix tonight on Cox. NFL network had the SD version and INHD had the HD version, complete with NFL (network) bug in the upper right hand corner.
Just a WAG, but is it possible your cable company simply popped NFL-HD on the channel normally used for InHD, or were both NFL and InHD logos present?


Doc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adash66
Could have also been Blacked out in the SF area.
No it wasn't. It was on both KPIX (49ers in HD) & KTVU (Raiders in SD). The KPIX telecast was the one picked up and carried on the NFL Network in HD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk 009
No it wasn't. It was on both KPIX (49ers in HD) & KTVU (Raiders in SD). The KPIX telecast was the one picked up and carried on the NFL Network in HD.
It was blacked out on Comcast InHD in the BA because it was shown on local network stations. I guess that's the way the rules work. I checked for it on D* chan 98 and got the message "not available in your area" so it was blacked out there too. It looked pretty good on Comcast chan 705 KPIX. If I didn't have basic Comcast I would have been pissed since I can't get anything OTA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,532 Posts
Wasn't on INHD here either i almost called to tell Comcast it was in HD and to please put it on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,707 Posts
NFL HD carriage is dependent on the cable company and not INHD.


Some cable companies just use INHD as a placement for the NFL HD programming, other systems have a seperate channel set up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDon
Just a WAG, but is it possible your cable company simply popped NFL-HD on the channel normally used for InHD, or were both NFL and InHD logos present?


Doc
Yes, there was only the NFL logo present but it was shown on the INHD channel. It looks like NFL network just picked up the CBS5 feed from S.F. as that what was shown on the scoring graphic. Regardless, I thought the picture was very good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,532 Posts
You'd think since Comcast carried the NFL gotw last year in HD the preseason games'd also be carried in HD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and I get my HD channels through Cox Communications. On the menu guide again tonight they have the NY Giants preseason game(I'm sure it is just a replay) and if they don't show that then I will call Cox to see whats up.


I just don't understand why it would be listed on the menu guide if they are not going to show it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
This is disappointing, I was expecting these preseason games after they did the Game of the Week last year and Cox, other cable companies, and DirecTV who had the same setup. I'm emailing both inHD (even if it has nothing to do with them) and Comcast to try and get a response. I would also contact NFL Network if I had an email address, but I can't find one, and they have no distributor info listed on their site


Is anyone in the country with Comcast getting these games?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,532 Posts
I'd even recommend calling Comcast and bringing it up....could be they aren't even aware the games are available in HD.....i'd try emailing em at nfl network @nfl.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,532 Posts
Btw i just emailed Comcast asking about the lack of HD nfl network games.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top