AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
***************.com has some good brand-specific forums, especially good for getting brand-specific RPTV tweaks. I just hate that cutesy dalmation crap that gets plastered all over the thing, and they get really defensive about anyone who is at all critical of their sponsors

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
I'd personally stay away from the home theater forum. IMO, the mods there have issues and go power hungry.

this place is easily the best forum I have seen...and I used to be a member at HTF but I eventually quit.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I started out with HTF, but someone pointed me over here when I started asking more detailed questions. The level of conversation varies, but overal was much too basic for me, and I'm not even close to the level of most folks here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, I'm not going to get into a discussion about the forum owners, but I will say that the HTF is more software (movie) oriented and the AVS is more hardware (technical) oriented. I am a member of both and enjoy both. I recommend checking it out. You might also want to check out
http://www.remotecentral.com/ for a site specific to remote controls.

johnf

·
Registered
474 Posts
I agree with johnf vis a vis remotecentral.com. I bought an MX-500 based on reviews and forums fron there and am quite pleased.

·
Registered
483 Posts
There is also audioasylum.com for very techy talk on mostly audio subjects. And madisound.com has an active speaker builders forum that is great for that topic (self serving, since madisound sells speaker builder stuff).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.