AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really think edge lit tv should be thing of the past and we should vote with our money and stop buying them! If vizio can make cheap Full LED tvs, then how come sony and Samsung can't make their mid level tv full led? paying 4500 for a edge lit is just crazy, and from what I hear, the JS9000 isn't great in dark room and it doesn't come close to 900b and IMO 900b is just okay, but isn't bad by any means, IMO 3800 is way too much for it, it should cost around 2700 and the 950b should cost 3800... Truly I wonder if Sony and Samsung are getting over?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Problem being too many consumers have No Idea between the 2, and or Dont Care!

They just want to say I have a big flat tv!;)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I really think edge lit tv should be thing of the past and we should vote with our money and stop buying them! If vizio can make cheap Full LED tvs, then how come sony and Samsung can't make their mid level tv full led? paying 4500 for a edge lit is just crazy, and from what I hear, the JS9000 isn't great in dark room and it doesn't come close to 900b and IMO 900b is just okay, but isn't bad by any means, IMO 3800 is way too much for it, it should cost around 2700 and the 950b should cost 3800... Truly I wonder if Sony and Samsung are getting over?
All TV's 32" and above need to be FALD, but that is not the case.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I will take an edge lit Sony X900B over a Vizio M-series with their FALD implementation all day long. Just because it has FALD in the specs doesn't make it good.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
I had to choose between the FALD Samsung JS9500 and the edge lit Samsung JS9000. Two reviewers had said except for night scenes, the picture quality was very similar on the two models. I decided to save $1,000 and get the JS9000. I think it works great. But you think I shouldn't have had the choice. You want to decide for me -- is that what you're saying?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will take an edge lit Sony X900B over a Vizio M-series with their FALD implementation all day long. Just because it has FALD in the specs doesn't make it good.
yeah 900b is the better tv, but for that price their asking for it, it should be a Full led, that is what I'm saying,

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had to choose between the FALD Samsung JS9500 and the edge lit Samsung JS9000. Two reviewers had said except for night scenes, the picture quality was very similar on the two models. I decided to save $1,000 and get the JS9000. I think it works great. But you think I shouldn't have had the choice. You want to decide for me -- is that what you're saying?
From what I saw, there were owners of the JS9000 on here that weren't happy with it.. Its great that you are...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Sonys new 850c series look awesome and are not edge lit ( at least not the 65 and 75 inch ones). This includes the w and x series... Loving my 65w850c so far, it is extremely uniform with deep blacks, very satisfied with it.

·
Registered
17,316 Posts
I really think edge lit tv should be thing of the past and we should vote with our money and stop buying them!
That's what an authorized Sony repair center told me a few years ago when they were first introduced. Not knowing what edge lit meant at the time, I just said "ok".

·
Registered
429 Posts
Sorry,random kids shows my son is watching. Not real good at attaching yet! These are in my very bright bedroom during the day...hope this helps

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
there isn't any more input it seems? I think we should take a stand and tell Sony and Sumsang, stop trying to make High end edge lit tv happen, cause there is nothing high end about edge lit tvs...

·
Registered
17,118 Posts
there isn't any more input it seems? I think we should take a stand and tell Sony and Sumsang, stop trying to make High end edge lit tv happen, cause there is nothing high end about edge lit tvs...
And all they will talk about is sales and how many millions they make so that means the product is working and that they are expecting to sell 4x the number of 4k led tvs this year than they did in 2014.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And all they will talk about is sales and how many millions they make so that means the product is working and that they are expecting to sell 4x the number of 4k led tvs this year than they did in 2014.
Yeah true, but they don't seem care about flashlighting and other uniformity issues when viewing in the dark, but I seen soo many people on here complain about those two problems and go through so many re turns of one tv....

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Sonys new 850c series look awesome and are not edge lit ( at least not the 65 and 75 inch ones). This includes the w and x series... Loving my 65w850c so far, it is extremely uniform with deep blacks, very satisfied with it.
They are edge lit.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts