Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...

I have used the autoprogram feature with my Sony Sat-HD100 and I cannot recieve most of my OTA high def channels in NYC. The only channel I get is CBS. I have called sony regarding this and they said there is a patch comming from Direct TV. I have checked the reciever for the patch and I have not recieved it yet. What is going on? I feel like I am getting the runaround from Sony.

Chris

·
Registered
355 Posts
As posted before: Electrical trouble at the World Trade Center antennas--all channels except CBS and FOX are down. Should be back sometime soon, stronger than ever. The fact that you are getting at least one OTA station would indicate that your receiver is OK.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rz...

I purchased this reciever on April 2nd Has the World Trade Center been having problems for almost 3 months?

Thanks---Chris

·
Registered
136 Posts
I also have the Sony SATHD100 box. This sounds like more of an antenna problem not the Sony hd100. This is not a Sony problem. It is a signal problem from the antenna. Inorder to get a lock in on any channels when using add programing, you have to have a strong ant signal inorder for it to work.

So RZ is right. There's a problem at your broadcasting tower. If it sais digital search and doesnot lock on a dtv channel, then that means no signal.

------------------

PeterDz

·
Registered
355 Posts
The WTC antenna problem was reported on June 2. It was reorted that they would be back online by this weekend. But who knows ?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I had this same problem for a little while in the St. Louis area (just got my HD100 hooked up five hours ago!).

I found that BOTH antenna inputs on the back (one says VHF/UHF, the other says VHF/UHF/DTV) need to be connected. If you don't connect the antenna input that includes DTV, you don't get the HD channels. If you don't connect the antenna input without DTV, you won't get the plain old analog TV stations.

This was kind of a pain in the butt since I only have one antenna.

------------------

Robert Simandl ... somewhere near St. Louis

[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.