AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved recently, and am setting up my system again. I got everything hooked up to my inuke, but my subwoofer won't output sound. I haven't used it in a long time, over a year, but it was working last I used it.

What should I do to troubleshoot this from scratch? I'm racking my head, I was expecting to be all setup today sound wise, and I've hit every hurdle I couldn't ever have dreamed of, and now this. I can't understand how my subwoofer wouldn't work right now. Maybe I'm just tired, but I hooked up the output nad input to channel A, it's set to bridged mode, and it's hooked up to my amps subwoofer preout... how hard could this be right?

Did my subwoofer break potentially?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hook your nuke up to another source like a phone or the stereo outs of your AVR to get any kind of a signal to your sub. If you get signal through the sub then something's up with your sub output on the AVR, work backwards and figure it out. If you get no signal at all, look at the cables/connections to the nuke and the speaker wiring.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hook your nuke up to another source like a phone or the stereo outs of your AVR to get any kind of a signal to your sub. If you get signal through the sub then something's up with your sub output on the AVR, work backwards and figure it out. If you get no signal at all, look at the cables/connections to the nuke and the speaker wiring.
Played through my phone and my speakers worked fine through the amp. Played the subwoofer, and silence.....

Maybe an internal connection got knocked loose during transportation? That's the only thing I can think of... but I mean... I've transported this thing multiple times before with no issues.

Damn , was so close!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Time to take out the driver and examine. Hopefully you have a cheap multimeter... set it to lowest ohms setting, take any jumper wires off of the driver and measure both coils. If it reads like it should in ohms, you have a wiring problem. If one or more coils give no reading, you have a problem with the driver. You can use a 9V battery on the terminals of the sub to see if you get any cone movement at all once you've verified that everything is connected correctly in the box.

Check any speakons too, they are notorious for wires popping out.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
If you look at the iNuke software app you can see the input and output signal levels. Looking at that screen should help you narrow down where the issue is occurring.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Time to take out the driver and examine. Hopefully you have a cheap multimeter... set it to lowest ohms setting, take any jumper wires off of the driver and measure both coils. If it reads like it should in ohms, you have a wiring problem. If one or more coils give no reading, you have a problem with the driver. You can use a 9V battery on the terminals of the sub to see if you get any cone movement at all once you've verified that everything is connected correctly in the box.

Check any speakons too, they are notorious for wires popping out.
It was this....
The connection at my subwoofer felt terrible, checked it, the wires weren't secure at all.

Subwoofer working! WOOHOOO!!!!!

Now to get my PCs setup, and to find the pliers. I think they're under the server shelf....

I think I've racked and unracked everything today at least 45 times......

Thank god I didn't have to check the other side of the speakon/was able to figure out how I wired it. Other side wouldn't come off at all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts