AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning for around 8 minutes i lost the picture on all channels. I checked the signal strengths for a number of different transponders and everythnig was at normal levels. I did NOT get the usual 'searching for satellite signal' message when there is no picture. I still was getting the epg info. I checked a regular receiver connected to a different dish and it had no problems. After 8 minutes the picture was restored and the UTV has been working perfectly ever since then. It was NOT a particularly hot day yesterday.

Could this lack of picture be caused by a hard drive problem? Could it have been Directv doing an ecm that affected legitimate subs (my card has never been hacked)? I have heard of that happenning before and today's satbiznews.com mentioned that Directv has just attacked some pirate cards.

I have had my UTV for over a year and this is the first time this sort of thing has ever happenned.

·
Registered
354 Posts
This used to happen almost every day on ver. 3.5 while the program guide was updating entries. There was a caption on the bottom of the screen (Guide Update in Progress) or something like that; can't remember wording.

I haven't noticed it since 3.7 though. But now I don't watch TV in the morning.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by watching
This used to happen almost every day on ver. 3.5 while the program guide was updating entries. There was a caption on the bottom of the screen (Guide Update in Progress) or something like that; can't remember wording.

I haven't noticed it since 3.7 though. But now I don't watch TV in the morning.
There was no caption at the bottom of the screen. It never happenned even before i got 3.7 this spring and i've often watched or recorded tv at this time. It happenned at around 2pm et.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by watching
Does everything seem to be working OK now?
Yes. I've recorded many, many hours of programs since then and not a single glitch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.