AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Barco 800 Data with new tubes. I can't seem to get it to lock onto the input from my HTPC. When I test the computer with a monitor everything works fine. The cables tested good also. Also in using the remote I pushed the address button which seems to have disabled the remote but this happened after the trouble with the input. Help! We would love to watch a movie tonight.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Dave,

I am assuming that the HTPC has not been operated before with the Barco.

If so, the Barco requires neg sync which you will have to configure in the HTPC, otherwise the Barco won't recognize the signal,

Pushing the address button should force the CRT to display it's address. You then have to configure the remote to that address.

Terry

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Terry,

Thanks for your reponse. Where in the HTPC can I configure it for a negative sync? I am assuming the video card? With the remote, after I push the address button do I enter the code. I think when I pushed it, the code was 000.

Also, since you sell Barcos, is it true that a 800 Data can be upgraded to a 800 Graphics? If so, what is involved and would you be able to help me with that?

Dave

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Dave and Dave,

Most of us who have HTPC are running the Radeon Video Card or a GeForce. We also run a program called Powerstrip which gives up control over any custom resolutions we want to run. It also allows us to switch the sync pulses to neg for the Barco's which require neg. sync.

Terry

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Terry,

The HTPC was run with the Barco previously and when I checked the

HTPC ( start, settings, control panel, display, advanced) it was set for a negative sync. I also tried to reverse the setting for both vertical and horizontal but had the same result. All I get is the basic internal Barco stored logo. When I go into adjustments, it says there is no source. I don't understand this as it was working beautifully before I rearranged the room and put the HTPC in a different place. Is ther anything on the projector itself that would need adjusting? I am running a multi-pin (EGA?) connector from the HTPC to five BNC connector to the projector. Could this make a difference? I seem to recall discussing with someone and reading the manual that Barcos should go through some kind of converter when using this set up and that the preferred set up is using a proprietary cable from Barco although I have run the system with the current set up before.

The remote now seems to work as the code was 000.

Dave

·
Registered
460 Posts
My BD801 will do the logo thing if no input is selected. What input are you using? Have you tried selecting inputs 3, 5, 93, 95 ? Those are assuming you are using the 9 pin port or the RGBHV ports......

Dave

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

Are you using a different cable coming from the PC? Some PC graphics cards require certain pins of the HD-15 plug be shorted to ground; these are called ID bits and tell the card it has a monitor attached.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave,

Thanks for your post. I am running the cable from the HTPC from the 9 pin port. Regarding inputs on the Barco. that has possibilities. How do I select different inputs? The remote does not seem to have that capability.

Dave

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you are using the 9 pin Port on the Barco to the 15 pin port on the HTPC Video card then that is port 3 & 93. That is selectable using the number keys on the flip out remote on the back of the Barco. My Barco IR Remote also has numbers 0-9 on it for selecting inputs. The cable that goes from the 9 pin Barco port to the 15 pin HTPC Video card is a special cable that as far as I know will not work on anything but a Barco. If the cable you have is not wired specifically for a Barco it wont work. If this cable has worked before then you probably only need to select input 3 or 93 to make it work as you are getting the Barco logo......If that cable has not been used before then you need to get the right cable or make one, if you do a search here on barco cables you will find the proper pin out for it. Your other option would be to use a 15 pin VGA to 5 BNC breakout cable and use input number 5 instead.

Dave

·
Registered
887 Posts
If you have connected your HTPC to the BD-800 with a VGA -> 5BNC cable, you are using input 5 (or 95) on the BD-800. Just press 5 (or 95) on the remote. Your BD-800 most likely has a RGB-TTL card at input three (9-pin D-sub connector). This is some old EGA standard that isn`t very useful anymore. Newer 801, 801s and other Barcos have an extra analog RGB input card as input three.

Gunnar

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all who responded to my post. I did solve the problem as it was just having the wrong input selected. Sometimes it is the most simple things. I appreciate all the help.

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.