AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many of you wouldn't complain at all, but the power LED on grandma's replay doesn't light. I took out the daughter board and brought it to work and a sparky looked at it for me. He can power it up from the connector that connects to the motherboard. So, it isn't that board / harness.

Mikeboy: any common issues on the PCB that could cause this? I know the pins now, so I'll probe around a bit to see if I have voltage, but it appears the driver for that LED is bust.

I think I'll swap hard drives with her and giver her my replay (with her drive). It is a 5504, and I use my 5040 for viewing. 5504 for conflicts only.

Anyway, thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank
I know many of you wouldn't complain at all, but the power LED on grandma's replay doesn't light. I took out the daughter board and brought it to work and a sparky looked at it for me. He can power it up from the connector that connects to the motherboard. So, it isn't that board / harness.

Mikeboy: any common issues on the PCB that could cause this? I know the pins now, so I'll probe around a bit to see if I have voltage, but it appears the driver for that LED is bust.

I think I'll swap hard drives with her and giver her my replay (with her drive). It is a 5504, and I use my 5040 for viewing. 5504 for conflicts only.

Anyway, thought I'd ask.
The usual problems are; defective LED solder, defective LED, and 5 volt supply to IR board burnt up due to the hard drive coming in contact with IR board. When the 5 volt source is missing the unit will not respond to the remote as well as the LED being inop. Sorry, I haven't come across a problem where the motherboard fails to send the power on signal.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot the dang thing at work, so I'll see what happens when I reconnect it. Hopefully it was just a bad connection. Thanks for the answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.