AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we always discuss how little bandwidth is available on Directv Sat, when 101 come up there's some hope for some HD channel will be available on this bird beside ShowtimeHD.

Now I can verify is that there are some new channels on 101 but not HD, Directv just add 5 HongKong chinese channel on 101, so less space will be available, so less hope for HD on this bird.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Just to be clear you're referring to the 110 satellite and not 101. Yes it's true they've recently added a few SD channels there. Although I dont know that it means they'll be staying there indefinitely.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Three transponders are on 110. That allows for 3 HD channels there *and* several SD channels.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Even as things are currently configured rogo? Last I heard (but havent revisited it lately) DirecTv wasnt able to put both HD and SD channels on the same transponder.

It would be nice if they could. It would help at 101 too where some bandwidth was/is otherwise going to waste on the transponder HBO HD uses.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I heard somewhere that HDnet was suppose to add something like 4-5 new channels to Directv. Including a allsports channel. Someone I talked to heard this at a trade show. Anybody know?

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
DP1: I don't see why that would be true. Maybe it is, but certainly it's not a bandwidth issue. The HD channels take up about 60-70% of a transponder.

Maybe there is some other technical issue. Dunno.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.