AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the risk of noone caring Im going to post this anyway. Im not really sure if this is the right place to post this but maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I have a 27" Kenwood CRT from 1990. I know, its old and there is a reason its old. Im not to high up on the money making chain. Well one day I was watchin a DVD and the red on the screen started to flicker until it stopped working altogether. I was very angery that my TV was ruining my movie watching experience. Well, angery :mad: story short, my inlaws donated me a 27" Daewoo. Not to offend any faithfull Daewoo owners out there, and not that I dont appreciate the donation, but Daewoo should have really stuck to makin, well... nothin. In other words, the Daewoo sucks but it still beats out the non-red screen by about a fraction of an inch. When my Kenwood worked it was a pretty damn good lookin picture, for its time I think. Probably not compared to some of the recent CRT models I've seen posted around this site, but it worked for me. I now have the Kenwood in my bedroom for night time TV. The red still works from time to time and flickers in and out :confused: . The rest of the colors that dont require red still work fine. Which leads me to belive that it could just be some kind of shorting wire or somethin. Is there anything I can do to fix this. Any advice would help, exept if you are just gonna tell me to buy a new TV :p , cause thats not really an option for me right now. Someone please help me. I hate the Daewoo. I think the model number of my Kenwood is KMT-3327 or it could be 270HI. I dont know, they are both on the model number sticker. Also, if you would like to donate me a decent TV (non-Daewoo) that would work too :p .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well like I said, Im not really in the position to be spending the amount of money that it would take to buy a comparable TV. So I will ask again. Anyone out there have a decent 27" TV (non-Daewoo) they would be willing to donate to a worthy cause? If not I can trade or barter with automotive or plumbing work in the Ventura or Los Angeles area. Need new faucets, got a leak, or need an oil change & tune up? I need a TV. Please people, I hate the Daewoo.

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51man
Well like I said, Im not really in the position to be spending the amount of money that it would take to buy a comparable TV. So I will ask again. Anyone out there have a decent 27" TV (non-Daewoo) they would be willing to donate to a worthy cause? If not I can trade or barter with automotive or plumbing work in the Ventura or Los Angeles area. Need new faucets, got a leak, or need an oil change & tune up? I need a TV. Please people, I hate the Daewoo.
There are plenty of used TVs you can get at a thrift store or find one at the dump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.