AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Those RCA connectors could be component outputs could they not?

The image quality is too poor to be sure.

Frank

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
I asked Dish Network about this, and YES the 921 does have component outputs. The picture does not show it because its a mock up and they didnt take the time to put the nicer looking Red Green and Blue RCA jacks on it.

Dish does realize that the 921 would be useless if there was no TV's that could be hooked upto it. :D

Scott

DBStalk.COM

·
Premium Member
12,981 Posts
Is that an HD15 connector next to the 1394 dual jacks?

Scott- I agree with your assessment of delivery based on the 6000 delay and the OTA module delay. DN is notorious for being about 5 months late on delivery estimates.

http://www.scubatech.tv/tempics/MVC-015S.jpg

Notice the 1394 for DVHS output bullet on the chart.

( I just edited this pic to rotate it for easier viewing )

Man, this is the way to go for the future in DN HDTV.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Would anyone venture to say the the Dish921 will be the "first" HD PVR out? I'm sticking with cable/TiVo until that long-awaited day I can timeshift HD, I'm just trying to see who's gonna do it first.

-Mike...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im the person who posted those photos and I had a long conversation with the engineers. Im not sure if they are posted to the site, but Panasonic was working on an HDTV PVR but without all the internet crap like they had included on the 921.

I personally think we'll see the Panasonic version released before the 921

·
Registered
871 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by METRO25
... Panasonic was working on an HDTV PVR but without all the internet crap like they had included on the 921.

I personally think we'll see the Panasonic version released before the 921
Hello Metro25,

I assume the "Panasonic" was a typo and you were referring instead to the (hopefully) soon to be released JVC TU-9000 STB/PVR (DISH Network) with a 80-120GB hard drive and two firewire ports that was shown at CES.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,766 Posts
Until we see a production model, this discussion is just speculation. Which I'm not against, as long as everyone who reads this has the same understanding.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Now you're teasing us Dave. Are you sure this information doesn't violate your NDA? :)

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Now I didnt say anything more about facts than anyone elses comments.

Nope, I didnt violate my NDA since I havent said anymore than anyone else, just like Ken said, as long as everyone reads this with the same understanding. I can speculate as well as anyone else so why not join the party?

:eek:)

dave

·
Premium Member
12,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by peter0302
Those RCA jacks are clearly yellow, red, and white, classic composite video/stereo audio, not component video.
I think it is clearly understood by most that you can't rely on the color of a connector to determine what the signal is coming out of the jack or what the jack expects to see as input on a "prototype." Trust the specs, not the color of the jack. The specs say it _will_ have component out so what's your problem with this?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Has anyone asked DISH whether an RGB output is planned? There looks to be a place for one. I would hope the design would be similiar to the 6000 with both component and RGB outputs. If it has an RGB output, I would be interested. I do not care to use a transcoder.

·
Premium Member
12,981 Posts
Fireball- Read this thread. See Scott's post above.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.