Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There!

In my everlasting quest for the best home Theatre experience I am now comparing different software players.

My config is

HTPC(Windows XP)

Ati 7500 AIW

Toshiba sd-m1612 dvd-player

Panasonic pt-ae100 projector

Terratec DMX-Fire

Now, I’ve tried winDvD, which is fine. I’ve also tried Powerdvd, which works just a bit better with my Ati 7500.

Yesterday I tried the Ati player(7.5) and I was very impressed!

Colors, depth and general picture was the best yet.

I’d like to use this player from now on, but there’s one major problem.

When I go the Setup menu and I choose the Audio Setup, I cannot choose S/Pdif. I can only choose 2 way downmix or the Ati theatre output.

Now, my S/Pdif works fine with WinDvD and PowerDvD. I also checked if it was activated in XP and it was. In the Help-File of the Ati-player, it says that the S/Pdif options should be there and that it’s just a question of pushing the button.

Does anybody know what causes my above-mentioned problem?

I ‘d appreciate any help for this player really rocks graphically with my videocard.

Regards.;)

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Have you tried the ATI 7.6 MMC? SPDIF works in that one (well kind of). You have to force it by doing some change - like Fast Forwarding or in my case choosing a menu item on the DVD.

Also look at Zoom Player. You basically can create your own DVD Player by selecting the best components. ATI Video filter and WinDVD audio, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.