AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this card for a few weeks now and I still can figure out how to get the S-Video output to work. If I go to Properties->Setting->Advanced->Displays I never see a connection to the TV when I use S-Video, if I connect with the composite connector it works perfect, no problems.

I have connected my DVD player to my S-Video input on my TV and that works fine. Is there anything at all I could be missing here? When I connect the S-Video the composite connection IS NOT connected, so there is no conflict there. Everything else on the card seems to work as expected, well, I have had my system crash 3 times so far so that's not expected.

I am running Win XP Pro, Pentium 4 1.6A, 512MB Crucial, AIW Radeon 7500.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I really hope that this isn't defective.

Mike

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Is the TV turned on with the s-video input selected prior to booting your PC?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try that when I get home. Not sure if I have tried that yet. But, I know that I can hook up the Composite connection after teh computer is already running and it works fine. Anyway, I will give it a try, thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Dice!

I tried this a few times and it just won't display using S-Video. I can connect composite anytime and it works though. Looks like I might have a bad card?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.